Are Ugg boots still fashionable?

Options

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,154 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've never 'got' why sheepskin boots which are totally impractical for British winters are popular. :huh: Needless to say I don't own any or desire to. :p

If she's wearing them now zaksmum, won't that give you an indication of whether she considers them still 'in'? Could you lead her into conversation about them perhaps to test the water so to speak?
  • surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was involved in a discussion about this topic on another board.

As someone who owns 2 pairs of UGGS, they were never in "fashion" imo. Well, i know myself and other people i know didn't purchase them for that reason.

UGGS are extremely comfortable and keep your feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I honestly couldn't care what Men think about UGGS, or what makes a woman look fat e.t.c. I know i don't dress up for the male population.

If you've got her UGGS in the past, maybe get her some other nice boots instead for a change? Or even a nice handbag?
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jjblondie wrote: »
    This doesn't really sound like the case with your DIL, but this would be my polite reaction to any present given to me two years in a row, whether I liked or wanted (more of) the product or not. :)
    That's what worried me, in case she's just being polite.

The styles I got her were totally different though and she does wear them all the time.
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    That's what worried me, in case she's just being polite.

The styles I got her were totally different though and she does wear them all the time.

I'm sure she wouldn't wear them just to save your feelings, she must genuinely like them.

Why not get her some vouchers for schuh or debenhams or somewhere that sells them, then do a funny card saying didn't want to get you another pair of ugg boots but you can choose what you like.
  • Birdy12
    Birdy12 Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 October 2011 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Can't stand them. Don't care how toasty they are, I've never seen anyone look good in them.

What gets me is that some people can't even walk in them properly, prefering to walk on the inside length of the boot as opposed to the actual foot part. It's so awful to see.

And breathe. ;)

Anyway, agree with the post above. Gift card at a place that sells Uggs (amongst other things) so the choice is there.

Birdy
    It's wouldn't have not wouldn't of, shouldn't have not shouldn't of and couldn't have not couldn't of. Geddit?
  • Lucy1973
    Lucy1973 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Options
    Birdy12 wrote: »
    Can't stand them. Don't care how toasty they are, I've never seen anyone look good in them.

What gets me is that some people can't even walk in them properly, prefering to walk on the inside length of the boot as opposed to the actual foot part. It's so awful to see.

And breathe. ;)

Anyway, agree with the post above. Gift card at a place that sells Uggs (amongst other things) so the choice is there.

Birdy

The whole "walking on the side" thing only happens with the cheap versions,never Uggs,which have a lot more support. Ive had cheap ones in the past and this happened with those. My genuine uggs are now 3 years old and still look perfect. You get what you pay for:)
    :happyloveBaby girl born 27/2/12:happylove

:AR.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Gone too soon:A
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think they are ghastly to look at and don't wear them anywhere smart...but I have fake ones and think they are superb for keeping warm. If I did wear them to smart places I might spend on ''real ones'' though not Uggs, probably celtic sheepskin company, but I don't so I happily slob along in my cheapos around the place. I always feel a little embarrassed to be wearing them, as I think they are hideous....but they ARE warm.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    2 words spring to mind

Personal Choice.
  • Glitzkiss
    Glitzkiss Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    I might just ask her then. I still like presents to be a surprise at Christmas but if I ask her, at least she will get something she's pleased with.

Rather that than take a chance and she might be sick to death of Ugg boots...though she does wear her others constantly from about September onwards...!

Tbf there's already an element of uncertainty as twice is not always a habit. But at least by asking her you'll know what she wants and not have a nagging worry for the next 2 months
    jjblondie wrote: »
    This doesn't really sound like the case with your DIL, but this would be my polite reaction to any present given to me two years in a row, whether I liked or wanted (more of) the product or not. :)

Me too which is why I'd advise caution. You could just ask her what she'd prefer though. Not outright of course but maybe mention you've bought her footwear/Uggs for the past couple of years and would she like something different this year...
  • angela72
    angela72 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question about Uggs, how practical are they? Are they waterproof or just warm? I do love the look of them but wanted to know how much use they would get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure