Are Ugg boots still fashionable?

Options

Comments

• borokat
    borokat Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually although a fan of Uggs I kind of agree with the poster above. For Ugg money you could get some lovely presents. MAC makeup, perfume, White Company pyjamas, Molton Brown bath stuff, Clarins skin stuff...just to start you off!
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i am 37 and have a pair of Ugg Kensington, they are biker style and I love them

I bought my mam Ugg slippers last year and she loves them, so do I and have asked for a pair this year from my partner

If your DIL loves Uggs and already has 2 pairs I would think about buying her the slippers as I find my feet are freezing when I take my boots off even with normal slippers on

The slippers are loads cheaper than the boots so you will still be able to buy her something else

As someone else mentioned the Jo Malone perfume is lovely and also on my list along with the new Marc Jacobs perfume.
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a friend who was the sort to spend hours applying her makeup and straightening her hair before she'd leave the house every day - very fashion conscious. She had a pair of Uggs that she adored and wore all the time... until one day we went on TV together and she saw the programme aired. "Ooooh nooo, I look like an oompa loompa!". I'm not entirely sure what she meant but I've only seen her in proper boots since then :grin:.
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    No, and they never were. Unless you want to look like Katie 'Tits' Price. Even worse are those cheap Uggs that collapse at the back. Yuck and more yuck.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    magenta22 wrote: »
    Personally I don't like them so I have never really understood the whole UGG thing. I see lots of people wearing them still.

If she likes them and wants a new pair of them, then it's an easy present and it's one less to think of what to get. But it might be nice as you have got her these already for the last couple of years presents to get her something a bit different - otherwise it will be predictable.

I never understood it either but then I tried a pair on and i was hooked. Bearing in mind I have very poor circulation and mobility they do the trick and keep my feet warm. Also they are so soft and comfortable. Need I go on..... (I have four pairs now.....wear them all year through).
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are rather marmite, but I adore mine and would very much like some knitted ones now (might leave the Cloggs website open on that page for OH to find later :D )
  • idristhedragon
    Options
    I'm 35 and I've got 5 pairs :) some bought by my mother in law! I have black, grey, brown, leopard and cardy. Oh 6, long black too. My husband travels a lot so brings them back from America for me.
    I reckon she'd be more than happy with more Uggs :)
    Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.

£117/ £3951.67
  • Little_Ole_Me
    Options
    Depends on her, totally of course.

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in them - they are ugly.

There is even a facebook group that is called 'girls who wear ugg boots are responsible for the spread of std's!' and has over 1,500 members. I didn't start it nor am I a member - just saying what some peoples perception of a person who wears uggs might be.
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Last winter I seen a pair abandoned in the snow. Perhaps more fashionable than useful!
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought the whole point with uggs, is that you have a brand name and you can go "look I've got Uggs!"

Not that I understand that whole name/brand thing, but I know alot of people do.

My DD can't understand why her Bugaboo doesn't have Bugaboo wrote down the frame the way Icandy does:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure