Are Ugg boots still fashionable?

Options

Comments

• Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    Never have been for me. UGGS are ugly in my opinion. Some people look okay in them, but really don't like them. Much nicer brands about, such as Fly London, Rocket dog, DM's, etc.

Schuh usually have a good varied selection.
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I read somewhere very recently that many men think that UGG boots make womens legs/ankles look fat!
    I suspect they are right. I think alot of people will in a decades time look back at UGG boots and think what was I wearing! Bit like some 80's fashion - the long multi leg warmers for those who can remember!
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I love my Uggs :D I have the classic short ones (although they arent that short they arent the tall ones IYSWIM :D) I mainly wear mine to the rugby with my cashmere socks and they keep my feet toasty :) if thats what she really wants go for it - maybe buy her a slightly different style? I had the cheap fakes and used to go through about four or five pairs in one winter but the difference is unreal in my real ones.. couldnt be without mine!!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    I read somewhere very recently that many men think that UGG boots make womens legs/ankles look fat!
    I suspect they are right.

Oh no! Not fat! Not the MEN!

I bet a lot of what I wear isn't considered terribly attractive by most men, I'm afraid I find being warm and pain free more important though, I'm sure they'll eventually get over the awful sight of a woman in slightly less than flattering attire.
  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    I have a pair of Uggs, as I suffer from freezing cold feet , I wear them under my bootleg jeans so you only see the bottom of them , where my daughter has a pair and wouldnt dream of covering them up.I must admit though I prefer my rocket dog boots.( I'm 38 by the way)
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    If chavs are fashionable then maybe.
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone! No good asking my son I'm afraid. When I got my daughter in law the first pair he took one look at them and said "she won't wear those!!" She was sooo made up with them and he couldn't believe it!

She loves the whole range of Ugg boots, tall and ankle...last year I got her the Bailey Button style and was looking this year at the style where there's like a knitted cuff that comes down over the ankle part of the boot (can't remember the name of that style).

I just don't want to be too predictable though so that maybe she's forcing a smile this time while thinking "dear God...another pair of Uggs!"
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    Yeah, they do, but if what's above them is ok, I'll think you find it won't put many off :D
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • borokat
    borokat Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    I love my Uggs and would love another pair. They come in so many different colours and styles now that you can get plenty of use out of them! I like the new leather styles, look a bit more hardwearing for winter in the UK. Who cares if they're fashionable or not, I think they'll be around forever because they are so comfortable and warm.
    I wish you were my MIL!!!
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Uggs are still fashionable but I think if youve got them 2 years running you should get something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure