Are Ugg boots still fashionable?

Options

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    I'm 47 & DH bought me my Uggs 2 years ago for Xmas and they're great, I've got the Kensington 'biker' ones, which were expensive at £250 but I too suffer from cold feet and they keep my feet so toasty warm.
    I saw a really lovely pair of Uggs in Office at Westfield a couple of weeks ago, they aren't the traditional suede ones, more like hard leather that would look great with jeans, I think they were about £180, very tempted to buy a pair, perhaps another Xmas present!
    Ugg also do some lovely slippers, around £70-£90 a pair if she likes slippers or what about gloves or a bag?
    I'd go to an Ugg shop and look at their selection.
    I don't know where you live but Bicester Village has an Ugg shop and you'd be looking at upwards of 30% off...

I got the slippers:D
    My DD got a pair of Ugg boots in the Bicester store last week, I was going to mention that place to the OP.
    OP there is also a Mulberry shop in Bicester:heart:
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry this is going to be contraversial - UGG boots were never fashionable in my opinion. Popular, maybe, but fashion? No.

They offer no support to your back in terms of impact and flat shoes never make your legs look good. And...don't get me started on the whole Decker Corp trademarking the name UGG when they had no right to and pushing other better quality and smaller companies out of business as a result.
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • PoorCharleyBear
    Options
    Taadaa wrote: »
    And...don't get me started on the whole Decker Corp trademarking the name UGG when they had no right to and pushing other better quality and smaller companies out of business as a result.

Australians- to whom Uggs for sheepskin boots are the same sort of branding as wellingtons for rubber boots- take this very much to heart.

They are an Aussie style of shoe which an American company bought and tried to make exclusive.
    I bought some local Australian uggs, which were about 45quid- genuine sheepskin, great sole and are perfect as slippers/ casual outdoor boots. Quality is better than Decker Uggs, but the price is much better.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    And.....Austrailians consider people who wear Uggs for other than slippers or nipping to the offy are a bit....errr...chavvy. Not that anyone else's opinions should matter of course!
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    ohh so glad you said that - I only wear my sheepskin boots in the house or to take the bins out and was beginning to wonder if I was a snob to say so!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I might just ask her then. I still like presents to be a surprise at Christmas but if I ask her, at least she will get something she's pleased with.

Rather that than take a chance and she might be sick to death of Ugg boots...though she does wear her others constantly from about September onwards...!
  • Bumpmakesfour
    Options
    HELLO:j Will you be my new MIL too please?I'd pass out if mine gave me a genuine SMILE for xmas never mind a pair of Uggs!(I'm a size 7 btw :rotfl:) x
    Slightly mad mummy to four kidlets aged 4 months,6,7 and 8 :D:D:D xx
  • jjblondie
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    Last year she said it's impossible to have too many pairs of Ugg boots.

This doesn't really sound like the case with your DIL, but this would be my polite reaction to any present given to me two years in a row, whether I liked or wanted (more of) the product or not. :)
  • SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    i'm 46, don't have uggs but wear just sheepskin ones - got 2 pairs, one short and one tall pair. also have just sheepskin slippers too.

i love them as i always have cold feet and they keep me so toasty especially last year when it was -14 some days. my mil usually buys me the same or similar gifts every year as once she's found something you like she sticks with it! go ahead and buy her another pair.

i would love another radley bag as well
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • morocha
    morocha Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    Buy her expensive make up, some perfum, spa day,, that sort of thing.... if she already have 2 pairs, it is time to get her something new.
    Mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure