🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brighthouse non delivery

Options
124»

Comments

• Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    My local freecycle is all mobile phones, laptops and motorbikes..Shame really as I love the idea

There is a freegle as well in some areas but that seems as bad.

Car boot sales can be great for some things as people don't want to take them home. I have a bedside digital radio alarm clock that I paid a quid for as they didn't like the brightness of the screen ( I later found out how to turn it down ) and it was going in Argos for £30 at the time.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I from time to time always like to look at sites like Brighthouse and price up items adding all the insurances etc, to see just how much some items cost in total.

Agree with others get a £20 14" CRT TV, rather than go to these sharks.
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    I used to pass their shop three times a week to go to the PO for work, and picked up a catalogue one day, and the prices amazed me.

A 3DS with two games - £467.48 from Brighthouse
    A 3DS with two games - £172.98 from Amazon (£129.99 for the console, £28 for Zelda, £14.99 for Rayman)

Even the cash price without the service cover is quoted at almost £100 more than the amazon price.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Options
    I used to pass their shop three times a week to go to the PO for work, and picked up a catalogue one day, and the prices amazed me.

A 3DS with two games - £467.48 from Brighthouse
    A 3DS with two games - £172.98 from Amazon (£129.99 for the console, £28 for Zelda, £14.99 for Rayman)

Even the cash price without the service cover is quoted at almost £100 more than the amazon price.
    It's a massive ripoff, but it appeals to people because people can usually afford the weekly amount more easily than the one off lump sum, and some people would rather pay double or triple the price overall, just to get it now rather than save a few months and get it then.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's a massive ripoff, but it appeals to people because people can usually afford the weekly amount more easily than the one off lump sum, and some people would rather pay double or triple the price overall, just to get it now rather than save a few months and get it then.

This is very true and within reason I think most don't mind paying a bit more, but there has to be a reasonable difference.

For example, I don't think it is unreasonable to pay £120 over 12 months of payments for something that costs £100 to buy now, if it was going to take an individual 6 months to save up the £100.

The trouble is with Brighthouse it would cost £320 over 12 months, which is taking the mick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport