PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Options
    forgive me if this has been answered in the previous 28 pages on Stardrops :-)

I have a horrible moth eaten, stained, light beige wool carpet (was once v nice!). Could I hire a machine from B&Q etc and use Stardrops to wash the carpet and how dilute would you suggest (eg how much stardrops per litre of water)? Anyone know of the lightest, most efficient machine I could use it with as I am up 55 stairs and does anyone collect & deliver these carpet cleaning machines as I don't have a car....
  • bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I can definitely get to wood green (and have never been so will be a trip out!), didn't know wilko's were in London, how exciting!
    Haven't found a Tesco or Asda near me yet but there must be one, will check out their website.

Thanks very much, knew someone here would be able to help!

BS x
  • angelaloveschocolate
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts, you have inspired me to try out this product which I bought in the pound shop. So today I let lose with it and this is what I cleaned and how it turned out.

Hall rug, kitchen rug and living room rug - foamed it up in a bucket and used the foam and a soft scrubbing brush. Amazing results, right in front of eyes I could see the colours just spring back into life. Excellent.

Cream leather suite - used the same method as above, smeared the leather with foam, used a soft scrubbing brush and then wiped off with damp cloth. Again excellent results, I could actually see the grime desolving in front of me. Delighted

In the washing machine - just a small squirt in the pre wash followed by a tablespoon each of soda crystals and powder. Again no complaints.

Very pleased with the product so far and I'm looking forward to finishing up my other spray products so that I can replace with this :)
  • miss_charlie
    Options
    I haven't read all bajillion posts so sorry if it has been mentionedbut Stardrops is antimicrobial.

If you look at the ingredients list on the Thornton website you will see Bronopol is an ingredient which is antimicrobial/antiseptic
  • kittycat204
    kittycat204 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    Options
    stardrops stardrops everywhere.

i've read so many thread and most of the time stardrops is the answer. Is there any chance we could collect all it can be used for so i and others know. Not bought any yet but am really starting to think i should, since it seems to be able to solve almost every cleaning dilemma.

thank you my little angels
    Opinion on everything, knowledge of nothing.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi kitty,

We have an existing thread that should help:

Stardrops: A Users Guide

I'll add your post to that one later to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Decorating the living room at present and we've found it's good for cleaning nicotine stains off the ceiling.
    p.s. I've given up and OH is now exiled elsewhere to smoke!
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    GUTTED! I used my stardrops for the first time today to clean kitchen tops and hob..also bathroom and toilet and sofas and I was sooooooo impressed with the sparklyness- and the reason I'm gutted...I seem to be allergic to it..my eyes have been stinging and itching like I can't describe and this is the only thing I can put it down to!!

Will leave it and try again in a couple of days to see if any better.
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oopsadaisy someone on another forum I go on says she has the same problem and can't use it.

I've been using stardrops for years, but have always diluted it, last week though cleaning the kitchen I couldn't budge some grease so after scrubbing and getting nowhere I tried stardrops neat and it was fab, wiped it straight off :T
  • sallysocks
    Options
    I found Stardrops at last (Home Bargains), getting it home there is a clump of reddish substance, bit like egg white, floating around in the bottle. Anyone else had this? Not opened it, it's a long haul to return the bottle, ring any bells?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport