PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• nozzer
    nozzer Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I used stardrops to wash my hair this morning...Fantastic results ten minutes later. No hair left.
    No hair = no more money on hair cuts, shampoo etc..Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Im thinking of trying it on the kids tomorrow.
    No skin = no more water bills for baths etc...

Now this is money saving
    Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean Easyjet aren't out to get me
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    I have to say that I have just recently started using Stephen's version of stardrops and vinegar/water and all I can is WOW!! I had previously been using stardrops and water and thought that was pretty good, but this version - ooh!!

I have to say that the original idea belongs to a fellow member, Kethry. I just seem to have become the current custodian of the knowledge.
    Natty68 wrote: »
    I use this mix on laundry stains too, and that is impressive too.

Please don't think that I am boasting, but neat Stardrops before washing even gets lipstick off of a white shirt.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • raven-333
    raven-333 Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i wash all my whites in stardrops and never have they been so white just add a good squirt in the drum
  • Scarlett.1974
    Scarlett.1974 Posts: 2,765 Forumite
    Options
    raven-333 wrote: »
    i wash all my whites in stardrops and never have they been so white just add a good squirt in the drum

Can I just ask - is this as WELL as your normal powder or instead of?

For the first time both of my children will be wearing proper school blouses and shirts in September (instead of polo-shirts) and I'm paranoid already about keeping them clean :rolleyes:

My asda shop is coming in the morning and what am I most excited about? Yes, the 2 bottles of stardrops and 1 bag of soda crystals :rotfl:
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh hail stardrops......
    Not gone off my rocker yet but oh my isn't it amazing?
    Saved me a packet so far
  • raven-333
    raven-333 Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I just ask - is this as WELL as your normal powder or instead of?

For the first time both of my children will be wearing proper school blouses and shirts in September (instead of polo-shirts) and I'm paranoid already about keeping them clean :rolleyes:

My asda shop is coming in the morning and what am I most excited about? Yes, the 2 bottles of stardrops and 1 bag of soda crystals :rotfl:
    only stardrops when i used both it didnt work as well my son has white shirts for work that would come home with everything on still dont know why or how,on stains that are really bad i rub on a bit of stardrops then add some in the drum and they come out brilliant white every time:D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Please don't think that I am boasting, but neat Stardrops before washing even gets lipstick off of a white shirt.

Noticed the time of this post! ***so in comes Stephen...spots lippy...removes with stardrops...goes to sleep safe in the knowledge...;) ;) ***
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ashbart
    ashbart Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    I added a squirt of stardrops to my dishwasher yesterday - seems to have worked well although there were a few soap suds at the bottom after it had finished.....! Perhaps a bit too much?!? Ha, ha!!

I was looking for the white distilled vinegar at Mr T's yesterday and couldn't find it in the cleaning section. Should I have looked in the vinegar section?!? I know this sounds silly but I thought white vinegar couldn't be used in cooking.....!
    Official DFW Member 716 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Noticed the time of this post! ***so in comes Stephen...spots lippy...removes with stardrops...goes to sleep safe in the knowledge...;) ;) ***

Men..huh!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ashbart wrote: »
    I was looking for the white distilled vinegar at Mr T's yesterday and couldn't find it in the cleaning section. Should I have looked in the vinegar section?!? I know this sounds silly but I thought white vinegar couldn't be used in cooking.....!

Yes it will be with the ordinary vinegar - well it is in A's and S'burys. It might be their own brand or Sarsons distilled vinegar. Don't get pickling vinegar :(
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills