PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I'e seen stardrops, never bought any, till this week.
    Wouldn't be without it now! Just converted my daughter too!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• emmy05
    emmy05 Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Options
    raided wilkos this morning, and my kitchens just finished having the stardrops sprinkle lol, can really see a difference with it as well compared to other cleaners, shall deffo keep buying it as well, did still use flash on the worktops as i do like to use a good bacterial on those, but at least i dont have to use so much of it anymore
  • toadyfrog
    toadyfrog Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    Ok kept seeing stardrops mentioned on this site and saw some in my local supermarket yestersday so bought it and forgot all about it till tonight so I thought I'd do a quick search and find out its best uses. No a good idea at 10.45pm as now I want to go and clean.
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Am a great Stardrops fan but haven't used it for maybe 10 years so had forgotten about it until this thread reminded me - thank you!
    Someone mentioned earlier having problems getting the oven door clean - the only thing I have found that really works is called "Kitchen Power" - think it's by a company called Ozkleen. My oven door hadn't been cleaned in years *shame* and I think it took me about 5 mins with this.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    After reading this thread I went to Asda and got 3 bottles of Stardrops, 2 for home and 1 for hubby to use at work...he valets cars so is always keen to try a product that goes a long way and does the job.

I think I was expecting a lot after reading this thread so tackled the shower and tried it on the plastic doors...nothing gets the water marks off of them...unfortunately even neat stardrops couldnt either, I was feeling a bit disappointed after the hype on here, tried on the taps and was not happy with them either. So out came the viakal...removed the limescale/water marks and finished off with stardrops...end result was fine.

I then went and done the kitchen, all worktops taps etc...all came up shiny, I have black worktops and every other cleaner leaves residue marks but stardrops has left them shining and no marks. I buffed the taps with microfibre cloth and they are gleaming.

I then tried a wash of the bathroom floor tiles which are also black high shine finish and can only be cleaned with disinfectant followed by a window cleaning spray because every cleaning product leaves a film over them this was a true test as to whether they would be good....tiles are gleaming.

My overall opinion is that stardrops are perfect for washing down and finishing off after limescale product (i hate the smell of vinegar after using it when my dog was a pup to clean up urine so wont be making a mix using this) they definately give a great shine to work surfaces and tiles that normally show every little residue and mark.

I will be trying them on my 11 month old daughters food stained clothes next, that will also be a good test as even vanish doesnt get all the food stains out.

DH commented that the kitchen looks shiny so they definately give a better result than what i usually use....and i have a cupboard full of various products!! I think I will be a stardrops fan from now on...they are way cheaper than flash and the like and give a better finish. :D
  • hflower74
    hflower74 Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Posted by Buggins on 'Tesco mega Bargains' thread

Hi folks,
    Just been to local Tescos and the Stardrops was priced on shelf at 14p. It went through the till at this price too so look out for this if you are in Tescos! For all its uses, it's a bargain at 75-85p let alone 14!!!!!
    HTH
  • Andy_Hamilton
    Options
    After reading loads and loads of stardrops threads I bought it today.
    From the Back of the bottle:
    Suitable for:
    Baths, Carpets, Melamine, Cars, Floors, Fridges, Glassware, Hand Laundry,Hobs, Mirrors,Paintwork, Sinks, Taps,Upholstry, Washing up, UPVC Windoes and doors, work tops etc etc.

It also has the directions on how much to dilute for each application.

For me it works aswell as the Detol 4 in 1 I normally used without the smell.
    Lets get this straight. Say my house is worth £100K, it drops £20K and I complain but I should not complain when I actually pay £200K via a mortgage:rolleyes:
  • Lindy-Lou_2
    Lindy-Lou_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Fab stuff but be careful not to add too much white vinegar as it can be overpowering and it does linger.

I know people have mentioned using Stardrops on cooker hoods etc but has anybody tried it on stainless steel clad American fridge/freezers? Bit wary in case it goes wrong!!

Converted my dd who will be packing a bottle to take to uni!!

Lindy-Lou
    Regards

LindyLou :hello:

Take care of the pennies, and the £'s will look after themselves.
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Linduy-Lou
    Used this diluted on my Duralit toaster yesterday and came up fine. Although this is unfinished stainless (yeah, right) steel without the brushed finish that is on most fridges etc. Try it on a small corner without rubbing too much and see how it dries? Maybe more diluted than normal just in case ....
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have to say that I have just recently started using Stephen's version of stardrops and vinegar/water and all I can is WOW!! I had previously been using stardrops and water and thought that was pretty good, but this version - ooh!!

I have managed to get my lovely green cooker fantastically clean which I thought was a miracle in itself. Yesterday I used it on all my Myth and Magic ornaments, literally just squirted the mixture on the ornaments then gave a slight rub, well they have come up as good as new if not better!! And the silver finish on the t.v. has come up as good as new too, and the only way I could get that sort of clean was using polish.

I will say that for the past 6 months I have never used polish in the house and I threw the last can of it away yesterday when I was clearing out the cupboard.

I use this mix on laundry stains too, and that is impressive too.

Ok can you see that I am a total fan of this mix..lol

Oh and Dh is even going to use this receipe instead of sugar soap on the walls before painting too. :)

So thank you Stephen for that receipe mix on Martin's show :)
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills