PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• foreversomeday
    foreversomeday Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried using stardrops to remove ink stains from clothing?

I tried milk on it but it just made the stain run! I think it was gel pen ink, it was black but since it has run it has gone a very dark bluey colour.
    I don't believe and I never did that two wrongs make a right
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure if it's already been mentioned before but instead of buying sugar soap to wash down the freshly stripped walls in our living room, I talked DH into trying this vinegar/stardrops/water mix. He was sceptical at first but when it did a fantastic job he was a convert..lol

So I would definately recommend it to wash down your walls with after stripping paper.
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • raven-333
    raven-333 Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone tried using stardrops to remove ink stains from clothing?

I tried milk on it but it just made the stain run! I think it was gel pen ink, it was black but since it has run it has gone a very dark bluey colour.
    yes i put neat stardrops on the stain then wash it and it comes out fine but i do find if the stain has been washed before it is still visible although fades a bit
  • TaylorMade_2
    Options
    Someone asked earlier but I didn't see an answer? We had the cast iron bath re-enamelled a couple of years ago and they were very particular about what you could use to clean it in future. I've therefore not tried the Stardrops on it, or the tiles/grout above just in case (grout has gone orange and looking for something to clean it - hence the question). Anyone had any experience of trying this?
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I bumpetty-bump this thread? I'm still on page 42 of the original Stardrops & still reading!:o
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• frugalpam
    frugalpam Posts: 2,514 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi BMF - welcome to the Stardrops addicts thread :D

Natty - I used it diluted to wash down some washable wallpaper - absolutely brilliant result :j
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TaylorMade wrote: »
    Someone asked earlier but I didn't see an answer? We had the cast iron bath re-enamelled a couple of years ago and they were very particular about what you could use to clean it in future. I've therefore not tried the Stardrops on it, or the tiles/grout above just in case (grout has gone orange and looking for something to clean it - hence the question). Anyone had any experience of trying this?

Yes, it does clean grouting, just been to double check as ours has started to go orange.

:)

I just put a squirt in some warm water and used the green scourer side of a sponge to bring it back to white again.
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am sure I saw somewhere that someone uses a couple of teaspoons of this in their washing machine, does anyone else use it in their washer?

I would imagine you would def have to put some conditioner in too as the smell may be ok for cleaning the kitchen/bathroom but I don't think I would want my clothes smelling of it.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm a recent Stardrops convert, and I have to say that after a wash with a weak solution of it, the stone dragon that sits on my patio has never looked so good.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I'm a recent Stardrops convert, and I have to say that after a wash with a weak solution of it, the stone dragon that sits on my patio has never looked so good.

Glad that you posted this as you have jut reminded me, has anyone used this to clean their garden flags?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure