MSE News: Orange and T-Mobile customers to get faster mobile internet

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
29 replies 5.3K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The pair will update their systems so some users are no longer denied fast internet access ..."

Replies

• I wonder if this move will also benefit customers of Virgin Mobile, which, as I understand it, piggy-backs on the T-Mobile network?
  • I guess Orange/EE paid out their 3rd party contractor on loss of income from merger - about bloody time. My Orange signal requires SignalBoost to survive here & T-Mobile shoddy customer keeps me away EVEN the fantastic 3G signal.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I wonder if this move will also benefit customers of Virgin Mobile, which, as I understand it, piggy-backs on the T-Mobile network?
    All EE MVNO's got the choice to opt in, Virgin did.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • On reading this checked my network connection. I beleived that the twinning of Orange to my T-Mobile connection was an automatic thing ALAS I found I had to select T-Mobile - Orange in my Network connection and not T-Mobile. So like many others I was never advised to change this setting and the Orange service has never been available to me. I immediately noticed a much better connection where I live. Check your phone out as you may be in the same position.

HTC Wildfire mobile.
  • zax47zax47 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    neepdocker wrote: »
    On reading this checked my network connection. I beleived that the twinning of Orange to my T-Mobile connection was an automatic thing ALAS I found I had to select T-Mobile - Orange in my Network connection and not T-Mobile. So like many others I was never advised to change this setting and the Orange service has never been available to me. I immediately noticed a much better connection where I live. Check your phone out as you may be in the same position.

HTC Wildfire mobile.

Same here on HTC Desire S, had to select Orange-TMobile as network for it to automatically swap between the two.
  • simaxsimax Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise that by manually selecting "Orange T-Mobile" or "T-Mobile Orange" all you are doing is manually logging on to the "other network"?

So if you are an Orange customer and you manually log onto Orange T-Mobile, you are actually only getting T-Mobile signal.

You do realise that?
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • sparky93sparky93 Forumite
    386 posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    as above, should be auto for normal users. And as from the 12th oct, they have said its going to be a incall seamless cell change over too. (via fb orangehelpers)
  • NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    sparky93 wrote: »
    And as from the 12th oct, they have said its going to be a incall seamless cell change over too. (via fb orangehelpers)
    Interesting go-live date for this - same day as iOS 5.
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K posts
    I can't pick up tmobile at work so it switches to a very good orange signal for calls and texts. Internet is painfully slow so hopefully I will benefit from this change.
  • sdduksdduk Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this move will also benefit customers of Virgin Mobile, which, as I understand it, piggy-backs on the T-Mobile network?

Yes Virgin will able to bounce of Orange but you will only get 2g signal You will not get 3g till some time in 2012
    so will only get calls/text if bouncing of Orange as far as i know.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support