Anyone heard of Dresses online sale?

Options

Comments

• wendywombat_2
    Options
    I ordered a dress from this website April 2012, it still hadn't arrived my June 2012 so I decided to cancel the order. Unfortunately I hadn't come across any reviews about the site before placing and paying for the order with my debit card! Panic mode set in when I read some of the horror stories about them so I had a very long and in depth ' live chat' with someone from customer services. To cut a long story short, they asked me if I could wait a little longer which I declined, I asked for a refund and they said ok but they would have to get it sanctioned by their manager. It may take 5 to 7 days. It shouldn't take that long so I asked for the manager's direct email address and thats when it all started to get interesting. They kept giving me the general customer service email address, they gave me their UK postal address which I stated didn't exist, again asking for their managers direct email, I got a fake Hong Kong postal address and they kept saying they would definately give me a refund. After going round in circles for about twenty minutes I copied the 'live chat' and sent it to my emails for future reference. I honestly thought I'd seen the last of my money. The very next day I received 2 emails, one stating they had refunded my money, the second stating how it will show on my bank statement. Two days after that my account was credited with the full amount. Was I lucky this time? Probably, its the 1st and last time I ever pay for anything by debit card on the internet without checking them out first or unless it is from a reputable, well known, uk based company.
  • sunshine007_2
    sunshine007_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 June 2012 at 10:17PM
    Options
    I ordered form dressesonlinesale placed order on the 2nd May 2012, my dress arrived on the 31st May. I had been in a state of panic after reading about other people not getting dresses they had ordered and being unable to get refunds. i went on to live chat the sites customer service team on 29th May and the told me my dress had been dispatched. I was still very stressed about this as others had been told this but weeks later their dress still hadnt arrived. Maybe i was just lucky. But i am SOo happy with my dress it is stunning. Good luck to everyone else who has placed orders, i hope your dresses arrive soon.xx
  • lauraw89
    Options
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE - I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER 6 WEEKS FOR MY BRIDESMAID DRESSES - I FINALLY GOT A SHIPEMENT EMAIL - PHONED NORSK EUROPEAN WHO DEAL WITH THEIR IMPORTING TO BE TOLD THEY SEND 1000's OF ORDERS INTO UK EVERY WEEK AND PAY NO CUSTOMS TAX!!! THEY WERE STOPPED IN AMSTERDAM AND THEN RETURNED TO HONG KONG - THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT DRESSONLINE TOLD ME I NEED TO PAY THE CUSTOMS TAX IF I WANT MY DRESSES AND THEN THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME (YEAH RIGHT I WASNT BORN YESTERDAY!!) WHEN I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK THEY TOLD ME THEY COULDNT REFUND ME AS THEY WOULDNT HAVE MONEY TO FEED THEIR CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR AND OVER WORKED - THEY OFFERED MY A £10 REFUND!!! STAY AWAY FROM DRESS ONLINE SALE - NOTHING MORE THAN A SWEAT SHOP FACTORY SELLING KNOCK OFF GOODS AND DODGING IMPORT TAX !!!!!
  • astreja
    Options
    I ordered a wedding dress and 2 other dresses on 30/05/2012 from dressesonline website, I had a freakout after reading all the feedback afterwards :eek: On 25th of June I decided I had enough of waiting (and fearing it may never arrive) and contacted them on live chat. The person I spoke to reassured me that my order has been shipped out. I was doubtful, so imagine my surprise when I found attempted delivery card next day?! :T I rearranged it for my day off and got it 2 days later.
    The wedding dress is nice, just needs few monor adjustments to make it fit better (it was not custom made). One of the other 2 dresses fits well and looks beautiful. The second dress is a disaster, sleeves are too tight and the way it's made I can't get it even past me elbows! I was thinking of just leaving it be, but then decided to contact them and try to return the second dress and get my money back. Inicially they asked for photos (duh- it only goes up to my elbows- goodluck posing :mad:) then replied saying they will refund me £26 (I paid £56)! I emeiled back saying I am not happy with that! Then they emailed saying they will give me £36 and I can keep the dress. I replied, saying the dress does not fit- therefore no use for me and said least I would take is £46 (as postage would cost me too). There was no reply for few days. I emailed them again today and they responded within few minutes saying they have refunded me £49 :T
    I am happy with my dresses and happy I got my money back for the one that wasn't good. Though I am very glad it was not my wedding dress I was trying to return (as it would have been a headache).
    Also, be aware, that the photos they use are not of the dresses that they have made. You select the style (the photo) ant then they make it similar to the dress in the picture!
    The good surprise part was, that there was no custom tax ;) I ordered some wedding invitations from China before on 70% sale (from lightinthebox website) for £28 and had to pay £19 tax! So was preparing to part with a £100 or so for taxes on this order, but they declared it as sample worth £15 and there was no extra charge :j
  • Sparkles82
    Options
    DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had read this sooner - I would NOT have wasted my time :(
    To be fair, the dress did arrive quite quickly (was starting to panic as I couldn't log on to track my order & hadn't heard anything). However, when it arrived on Monday it was very poorly finished off with loose threads and pin marks everywhere. Not to mention a lot of white marks (and other interesting marks) which don't rub off. And then there is the sizing, I went for a size bigger than I am everywhere else just in case, and it doesn't fit without a fight! And lets not forget the colour - I asked for burgandy not a light pinky red :((
    I've sent them a lot of photos to show how poor it is, and they came back with a £15 refund (the cost of delivery). Great. Not. NOW they've offered me £20 - and surprisingly enough I'm still not happy. I am persisting with this and have threatened them with the small claims court - to which I was told that if they gave me a refund, they wouldn't have any money to pay their staff. I've now started to raise a dispute with my credit card company, so with any luck I'll get my money back soon.
    AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!! Yes, the dresses look gorgeous and I'm sure some of them are, but thats not how they appear in reality!!!
  • masolokeya
    Options
    My daughter had 7 bridesmaids and each one had chosen a different style dress but all the same color and they were all fantastic.
    We placed a very late order, yet they managed to get them here the week of the wedding, and we only needed to make minor adjustments.
  • honeymoonday
    Options
    I ordered my wedding dress, 3 bridesmaid dresses, 1 maid of honor gown and flower girl dress from this site.
    We ordered custom sizes, but all the dresses still needed minor alterations - I suppose it's hard to fit into a dress like a glove if there are no opportunities to go for a fitting.
    But bottomline is, we LOVED it.
    ORDER EARLY - you don't want the added stress of wondering if your dress will arrive on time
  • Sparkles82
    Options
    UPDATE: agreed on the refund with them and still waiting... its been over 3 weeks now and nothing :( not impressed.
  • Cinderela
    Options
    The site has beautiful dress. Fits very nicely. I ordered one dress as a bridesmade and got so many complements. Comfortable and light.
  • JiggyG
    Options
    I ordered a dress from here on 1st Sept, I live chatted with them yesterday and they told me my dress had been sent the previous day and gave me a tracking number, I went on to DHL to track it but the tracking number was not recognised! Just had another live chat with the company and they said they would have to contact DHL to get the correct tracking number (surly it shoudl have been the correct one in the first place?!) They said it will take 12 hours to get the information from DHL but I told them that I am hoping my dress will be here within 12 hours if it was sent 2 days ago!! I have been in contact with DHL and await they're response. Will let you know if I ever recieve my dress
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure