IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Crown Wharf Shopping Park, Walsall

Options

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Parking Eye are a bunch of two bob scammers, I regularly ignore their threatmail and they give up after a few letters. Do not call this Mickey Mouse charge a 'fine', it is merely a speculative invoice from a bunch of chancers.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • michellehegarty
    Options
    I went to Walsall and parked here on 30th december , On entering I seen a notice to say free parking over some dates across christmas break , I still tried to the ticket machine just incase , but it was not accepting the registration plate or money , then a man told me it was free parking . . . I went shopping

an now 2 weeks later I have recieved a fine from Parking Eye , What should I do ?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Just ignore them, same as all the rest of the post.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I went to Walsall and parked here on 30th december , On entering I seen a notice to say free parking over some dates across christmas break , I still tried to the ticket machine just incase , but it was not accepting the registration plate or money , then a man told me it was free parking . . . I went shopping

an now 2 weeks later I have recieved a fine from Parking Eye , What should I do ?

Someone didn't tell the computer that it was free parking that day, I wonder how many more people have gotten tickets due to this "error" by Parking Eye. You should bring it up with the centre management about how you've got given a parking invoice for parking on a free parking day, maybe even the local newspaper.

Parking Spy, up to their old tricks again
  • skyblues11
    Options
    Hello all and happy new year.

I have just received my letter today. It has the picture of my car and the time i spent etc.

Last weekend, i went into this car park and it was my first for a while. There was no gate or ticket machine as i remembered. Naively i just went in, parked and spend just an hour there. I did not realise at the time, there is no such thing as free lunch. I did not ask myself how to pay and where to go. I just shopped like a zombie. It was 5pm so the carpark was quite dark. Not a moment i thought about a ticket/ sticker.

I have seen other post and there are many poeople who are genuiney hard done by.

In my case, i was naive and brain dead at that moment. For my own mistake I am willing to pay the missing time or even 20 pounds like on the street, but 50 quid and above, seems like robbery. Furthermore, who decides what is the rate for not having a ticket? Since when Walsall had became oxford street?

On the letter they did say there were plenty of notices, but i did not see them on the night ( i don;t think the signed were lit or on reflective material).

This eveniing i went there again ( did not enter!) and indeed there were signed, but i guess i was purposely looking for them.

In my case, what should i do? Should i ignore regardless? Unlike other member's example, mine might not be a strong enough argument should it comes to legal action.

please help.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    What argument ? This will never go any further than junk mail through your letterbox, they will claim all sorts of outrageous things, but they are empty threats designed to part you with your money. There is no appeal so don't bother writing to them at all, just thank your lucky stars you had the sense to come here first.

So just ignore everything that comes to you, and unless signed court papers arrive you don't have to do anything, by the way you have more chance of winning the lotto jackpot than parking cry taking you to court.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    skyblues11 wrote: »
    I am willing to pay the missing time or even 20 pounds like on the street, but 50 quid and above, seems like robbery. Furthermore, who decides what is the rate for not having a ticket? Since when Walsall had became oxford street?

On the letter they did say there were plenty of notices, but i did not see them on the night ( i don;t think the signed were lit or on reflective material).

In my case, what should i do? Should i ignore regardless? Unlike other member's example, mine might not be a strong enough argument should it comes to legal action.

It won't come to legal action in all probablility, but if it did, all they could sue for is their losses. So, as you say you actually owe them for an hour's parking (assuming it was Pay & Display), and nothing more, certainly not £50.

It's easy to miss signs. I have done it myself parking at a retail park in a town where parking is free in all the council car parks. So I assumed it was free (actually it was, but you were still meant to display a ticket), and wasn't even looking for the signs, even though they were everywhere. Not that it makes a blind bit of difference.

Just ignore them completely.
  • skyblues11
    Options
    thanks for your responses. On this subject, i think its an own goal for many parties.
    walsall will get a bad press for this, and the shops too.

whats wrong with the arangement before? i would pay for the time i am inside. They can up the prices if they want but i have the choice to stay longer if i wish. Lke this, no one escapes paying.

This chasing for money is like an entrapment. They are praying on this simple human nature.

Britain seems to go the way of making money from these simple human behaviour. I am not surprised one day, we get charged for breaking down on the road! The arguments would be that we should keep our cars healthy.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Don't give them any ideas skyblues. Ignore Parking Eye, it could be argued that the landowner suffered the loss of the standard 1 hour P&D charge, but that is how much the landowner can sue you for, if Parking Eye went to court they will probably get laughed out for lack of clear and visible signs when it's dark, yes it's fair enough they put them high on a pole but if it's an unlit pole in a part of the car-park where the car lights would land it's pointless.

Ignore Parking Eye and ignore the retail park whom has decided to employ them (but do send a lovely letter to the mangers of the stores you visited saying that you won't be visiting them again due to getting harassed by Parking Eye for an alleged debt)
  • Dazzle44
    Options
    I visited Crown Wharf Shopping Centre on 23/12/2011 for Exactly One hour to go to TK MaX & have received a letter with 2 pics of my Car & an £80 Fine with £30 Costs from Parking Eye .... I appealed & told them there was a Sign saying Free Parking for the 2 Week Christmas period & today I have had a letter saying the Appael was Unsuccessful & I have to Pay .... I WILL NOT be paying this Fine ..... I could have Walked over if I'd have thought I had to Pay for Parking but as the Sign on the side of the road stated it was Free I thought I would take advantage of this! They also said if I want the appeal to be looked at Again I have to send receipts of what I bought on that day ..... Would this really matter if they are saying I should have bought a ticket? ..... Shysters ....!!! I still Wonder if this Fine is Legally binding but I still won't be Paying & suggest others follow suit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure