Parking Fine for only being a few seconds late!!

124»

Comments

• Flyboy152 wrote: »
    The OP has contravened any rules at all.
    What does this mean? Very confusing.
    Do you think they have contravened the rules or not?
    Why do you automaticlly assume the CEA is right?
    Why do you assume the council has made the order correctly?
    There are numerous examples of councils screwing it up and by doing so no contravention has occurred.
    They are given a set of rules they have to follow, if they don't do so then the tickets are issued wrongly.
    Why should the OP not look for these errors when the ticket was issued for an error that could easily be covered by De Minimis?
    Take a look on the parking forums here and on pepipoo.com to see how often councils screw up.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    What does this mean? Very confusing.
    Do you think they have contravened the rules or not?
    Why do you automaticlly assume the CEA is right?
    Why do you assume the council has made the order correctly?
    There are numerous examples of councils screwing it up and by doing so no contravention has occurred.
    They are given a set of rules they have to follow, if they don't do so then the tickets are issued wrongly.
    Why should the OP not look for these errors when the ticket was issued for an error that could easily be covered by De Minimis?
    Take a look on the parking forums here and on pepipoo.com to see how often councils screw up.

Well excuse me for flipping typo!

The OP hasn't contravened any rules at all and he hasn't even been given a flipping ticket.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • You're right, my error.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • cwrtcoed
    cwrtcoed Posts: 81 Forumite
    Have any of you heard the word " DISCRETION", it should be based on the fact was it near a school or crossing, did it cause an obstruction during busy times and was it really necessary. The final call is with the attendant, and most of them i have come across are " jobsworths" I'm sorry to tarnish all of you with the same brush, but thats in my experience, and loads of others friends that have been subject to their non discretion. I dont think i have heard one good word thats been said about them. I think the Police give more discretion than they do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure