• jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    County court claim?
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    If you have not received what you were promised, ask the company for a refund. Tell them that you were influenced by the FAKE reviews on trustpilot, Ask the revenant company to prove the reviews are from real customers. I have just heard you can now RENT these Fischer heaters before you buy. Although its not available from fisher for rent but from an independent supplier who buys them from X-Fischer customers selling them on eBay and supplies them for a small delivery and installation fee. I think you can now test them for efficiency and running cost before committing to purchase. Will let you know the name of the supplier once it comes to mind. :beer:
  • TeeJAy17
    Options
    I've just had solar PV installed and contacted Fischer as part of my investigation as to the best use of the spare energy being created (there are several options and storage heaters are one of them). I was annoyed that, when contacting their sales team, they insisted on sending somebody over to measure my rooms and windows. I take this as an insult to my intelligence (if I can help get satellites into space I'm sure I can work a tape measure). They would not go into any details of price but did send a brochure (again no prices). It's going to be an interesting discussion with the sales rep (sorry their engineer) when we start discussing REAL efficiency (i.e. how much of what goes in comes out and over what period of time)
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TeeJAy17 wrote: »
    I've just had solar PV installed and contacted Fischer as part of my investigation as to the best use of the spare energy being created (there are several options and storage heaters are one of them). I was annoyed that, when contacting their sales team, they insisted on sending somebody over to measure my rooms and windows. I take this as an insult to my intelligence (if I can help get satellites into space I'm sure I can work a tape measure). They would not go into any details of price but did send a brochure (again no prices). It's going to be an interesting discussion with the sales rep (sorry their engineer) when we start discussing REAL efficiency (i.e. how much of what goes in comes out and over what period of time)
    When you ask them how much energy comes out for how much you put in, ask them how that differs from say a £30 thermostatic controlled heater from Argos.

I'd love to see them worm out of that.
  • TeeJAy17
    Options
    Hi lstar337,

Good point, I'm really interested in - do they radiate/convect heat during the day (when I don't want it turned on but being supplied electricity) as I don't think the insulation will be that good to keep all the heat in until I need it (in the evening). Unfortunately, in my part of the world the Sun doesn't shine in the evening (well not in Winter) so a normal electric heater is of no use to me - but I get your point, and, if they can't hold the heat for (say) 6 hours, I'd be better off popping along to Argos and warm the house during the daytime.

Also, I can't see any information regarding the insulation only the fire-clay used to store the heat. There's nothing about how it keeps the heat in until you turn it on - maybe I missed that.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A Fischer heater is NOT A STORAGE HEATER.

It's a panel radiator filled with magic dust. It does not store heat in the same way as a night storage heater but in a similar manner as an oil filled radiator.

It is an on-demand heater whereby it uses leccy when it's heating but cannot store it except for half an hour or so, just like an oil filled rad. They aren't suited to off peak tariffs as they cannot take advantage of the off peak period (unless you actually heat your place between midnight and 7 am)

I cannot understand why they are still allowed to call them storage heaters.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strictly speaking it is a storage heater in that the clay will store heat for a short time, possibly a bit longer than an oil filled radiator. What it is not, and what Fischer never call them is NIGHT storage heaters. This is a typical play on words used by unscrupulous sales staff.
    The real issue appears to be that the Fischer reps are quite happy to sell them to people on economy 7 tariffs without pointing out that they don't store heat overnight. I would suggest that anyone with economy 7 has an excellent case for a refund on the grounds of mis selling because they are patently unsuitable for that kind of supply and as Fischer insist on a home visit that should be obvious to their reps.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TeeJAy17 wrote: »
    Hi lstar337,

Good point, I'm really interested in - do they radiate/convect heat during the day (when I don't want it turned on but being supplied electricity) as I don't think the insulation will be that good to keep all the heat in until I need it (in the evening). Unfortunately, in my part of the world the Sun doesn't shine in the evening (well not in Winter) so a normal electric heater is of no use to me - but I get your point, and, if they can't hold the heat for (say) 6 hours, I'd be better off popping along to Argos and warm the house during the daytime.

Also, I can't see any information regarding the insulation only the fire-clay used to store the heat. There's nothing about how it keeps the heat in until you turn it on - maybe I missed that.
    As matelodave says, they are not storage heaters like we all know and love/hate.

They will retain some heat for a small amount of time, equal to the extra time it takes for them to heat up.

They are really not any different to an oil filled heater with a thermostat.

Real storage heaters will be filled with magnetite bricks.

I bet you could lift a fischer heater with one arm, which you could never do with a true night storage heater.
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of people have purchased these heaters based on fake reviews on trustpilot. There is absolutely no EVIDENCE owners of these expensive heaters (actual cost £300 in germany) have saved on their heating bills. When door salesman/heating engineer etc etc etc are paid in commission almost over £400 per £2000, i wonder what goes on in the boiler room. The noose is closing in on door salespeople selling funeral plans....heard on the news today. The next big thing after PPI. :T
  • interestedinsavings
    Options

Fischer Futureheat has had yet another ruling against them by Advertising Standards Association dated 14th March ( maybe someone could post the link ). The ASA have at last ruled that Fischer heaters are not storage heaters and must not be called storage heaters in their advertising
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback