Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Cavemanu
    Options
    Cavemanu wrote: »
    Just a quick update to say thanks to those who provided advice, as if by magic my second FIT payment from EON has arrived in my account today, I did a quick check just before giving them a call:T Next reading is due 1st September so hopefully not such a long wait next time if I've been moved to the new more efficient non-manual system....

Hi there just a quick update from my previous post in July. I called EON FIT payment team and spoke to a helpful lady on 1st September. Yesterday I received a letter dated 5th September stating that my FIT payment will be made within the next 11 working days!. It appears that I have now been moved onto the new system since last quarter which is a much quicker wait!

I'll be definitely be ringing my results through rather than emailing them in the future.

There also appears to be a new telephone number that replaced the old 0845 one it is 0345 301 4884.

Hth
  • don0301
    Options
    reading submitted 6/9/12

payment of £632.62 received today in bank

much better :D

now what shall i use it for......
  • Supersub
    Options
    After complaining about the extortionate delay with my previous Eon FIT payment I feel it's only fair to write and report that my last payment was received in double quick time.

Submitted on 28/08 - Paid 05/09.

Well done Eon
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

I sent my very first reading to Npower at the evening of 6th Sept and the money in account today 17th Sept.

Shafeeq
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    Today we hit our annual PVGIS-Classic target of 3200kWh with just over a month to go to our install anniversary. :beer:

I think that's as good a time as any during the month to submit our quarterly reading to EDF. Another £478 on it's way to our bank account shortly, all being well.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that's as good a time as any during the month to submit our quarterly reading to EDF. Another £478 on it's way to our bank account shortly, all being well.

Well done - I'll hold my nerve to nearer the end of the month and we'll compare notes to see how EDF do this time!
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 18 September 2012 at 10:05AM
    Options
    Today we hit our annual PVGIS-Classic target of 3200kWh with just over a month to go to our install anniversary. :beer:

Hi,
    Thanks for your post, I found it useful for a comparison as to how we are doing.
    Our panels were fitted & up and running November 3rd last year, so we are also approaching a 1st anniversary.
    My Sunny Beam is showing me as I type 3462.91 kwh & that equates to £1558.31.
    We are also with EDF and although I have always sent the readings as soon as they send the email asking I am holding off til later in the month in an attempt to reduce the delay between sending in the reading and payment.
    It has been a rubbish summer but i must say I am happy with our `return` considering.
    I see your location as `cider` - Somerset I guess ?

Cheers .... Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,782 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    orrery wrote: »
    Well done - I'll hold my nerve to nearer the end of the month and we'll compare notes to see how EDF do this time!

I was tempted to send in my 2 claims on differing days to track the varying (or not) difference for each. But (finally) decided to get a life instead! ;)

Probably succumb in about a week. I hope the stories of ultra fast processing this round are true.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Hi,
    thanks for your post, I found it useful for a comparison as to how we are doing.
    Our panels were fitted & up and running November 3rd last year, so we are also approaching a 1st anniversary.
    my Sunny Beam is showing me as I type 3462.91 kwh & that equates to £1558.31.
    We are also with EDF and although I have always sent the readings as soon as thaey send the email asking I am holding off til later in the month in an attempt to reduce the delay between sending in the reading and payment.
    It has been a rubbish summer but i must say I am happy with our `return` considering.
    I see your location as `cider` - Somerset I guess /

Cheers .... Nobby.
    Spot on Nobby, NE Somerset to be a little more precise. Not a huge distance from Mart as the crow flies but the murky Severn lies between, and a few rolling hills & full reservoirs.

Last time EDF's payments were approx 4 weeks from reading submission.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    We are also with EDF and although I have always sent the readings as soon as thaey send the email asking I am holding off til later in the month in an attempt to reduce the delay between sending in the reading and payment.

At EDF, they'll be sat wondering why no-one has submitted, then there'll be a deluge of emails on the last day of the month :rotfl:
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback