October 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 25 September 2011 at 7:11PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 76.1K views

Replies

• spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Wahey! My 3rd week and I spent only £23.64. That more than makes up for last week's slight overspend. :j
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: £3.2k (2019)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • £21.70 spent since my last post.

£1.99 on Penguins
    99p on crisps
    £3.50 in Morrisons on spread and cakes
    £15.22 in Bookers on chilli sauce, a giant tin of chickpeas, a box of drinks and 2kg chicken breasts.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • nannygladysnannygladys Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi just had a few days off without the computer, relatives visiting and taking time up as well as work!! Anyway doing better this week and I still have some left to last me till Friday, but hopefully will live out of freezer, leftovers etc so shouldnt have to spend much, also off from work the next couple of days so probably wont go out, so spend nothing, even better!!!
    Frugal challenge 2020
    Sealed pot 13 no.31
    Emergency fund 268.95/1000
  • edited 11 October 2011 at 2:56PM
    Rainy-DaysRainy-Days Forumite
    1.5K posts
    edited 11 October 2011 at 2:56PM
    Helenjelly,

Can you put me in for :-

£380 for the month of October

Today we have spent

£198.35 at the butchers

There was also another big spend last week so I am going to go back and edit in here when I have found it.

£89.90 spent on 05/10/11

Leaving a final spend for the month of £91.75, which realistically is not going to happen because I have flipping well calculated it wrong! It leaves me with £30.58 a week to the end of the month!

Anyhoo we shall see how much I bust the budget as I had calculated £180.00 for the butchers but that was an increase of £18.00, so lets just see!!!!
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • pennywisepoundstupidpennywisepoundstupid Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welltoday i've managed a total spend of £17.70, went to tesc* for fruit and bread and then milkman has just been to be paid, hopefully tomorrow will be a NSD.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

No chance to have a read through yet - sorry

NSD today :D

HM fish and chips for dinner - no energy to be more adventurous:o

Have a great evening, will read back now xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Abel and Cole delivery came today. Had £5 discount on meat for spending £15 on meat, so my shopping came to £43.95 today.
    But thats my fruit, veg, meat, breakfast stuff, and some ready meals too. Then I noticed I was due a free fruit box so I rang up and queried it. They have credited me £12.99 So glad that I noticed that I had been getting it for the required amount of time.
    Although next week I may have to cancel one as I am over run with Veggies.!
    We will see.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • TrixieBTrixieB Forumite
    704 posts
    ✭✭
    Abel and Cole? What's that Mooloo?
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • PuzzledbubblesPuzzledbubbles Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    £12.15 spent in Mr Ald! today, got lots of stuff for meals for the week and have a big pack of mushrooms that i can cut and freeze so they will do a few good meals :)

Not looking as good as i did last month but still within budget with 13 days until i get my new budget.
  • £2 added to budget for DD1's school dinner tomorrow, then having tea at my mom and dad's , so thats one less meal to plan for, also need to do lots of apple based baking to use up the cheapy ones I got, might freeze them for crumbles yum yum!