PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Recovering Spendaholic - Aldi ones are fine and so are the Lidl ones - Lidl's rinse aid and DW salt is good too!! Sadly my DW packed in and its all done by hand now but at least there is a water and leccy saving there.

Just updated my siggy and at the weekend had a little chat with DH about popping in to a SM every day and what affect it was having on the budget - showed hin how much it was costing us - he nearly chocked on his beer lol so he is now on board again with the no shopping malarkey hehe

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Only needed some chips today and total is now £169.47.

I'm getting another Sainsb*ury order on Weds to use up my last £12/£60 voucher but it's getting more difficult to get up to £60 with stuff that I wouldn't rather get somewhere else!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD today for me - like Quintwins it's not through choice as my bank is is dire straits until I get my fee cheque through. It's unlikely to arrive today as they won't have posted it out on Saturday so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Thing is I will have to take it somewhere to get cashed as I can't wait until it clears - grrrrrr:mad:

Quintwins - I don't have a TD anymore but when I did it was always getting blocked with fluff - so maybe worth a look....

This week I don't think that I NEED to buy anything much in the way of food, but I do need swing bin liners, dishwasher tabletsand doggy poo bags (have two new puppies who are not yet quite housetrained). Has anyone tried the Aldi dishwasher all in one tablets? I usually use the fairy platinum ones but don't think they are on offer anywhere at the moment and the Aldi ones are only £3.99 but I don't want to make a false economy.

i don't have an aldi but i use lidls w5 dishwasher tablets (they had 2 boxes for £2 at one point theres 30 in a box so i bought 6 and i'm still using them i'm also still using fairy ones from dtd lol) and there fab i use tesco own dishwasher salt and rinse agent (these are both on my list for the end of the week so an expensive week but they last ages) i also use value bin liners and double them up, of not eco friendly but theres a big enough price diference to make is purse friendly for me

well my dryers fixed :) it had shorted out at the back (i'm not very techinal...clearly) so he replaced 2 wee things and told me it was prob cause i hadn't cleaned the condenser filter well enough and to take it outside and hose it rather than just running water threw it to get more pressure
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    recovering spendaholic, I have been experimenting with DW tablets. Cheap from anywhere work as long as you use salt and rinse agent, works better than finish all-in-ones. Hope the cheque comes soon.

We had visitors yesterday, and I have lots of cooked veg, some cold roast potatoes and no meat. Trying to decide what I can do to pad it out. Cheese sauce springs to mind.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Spent the princely sum of .53p on a pint of milk this morning:A Was starving when I woke up, so took some cereal into work with me and grabbed a pint - cheaper than a bacon butty:D

I baked a Sausage Meat Plaight (sp) yesterday - took me right back to my childhood, OH loved it, will be lunches for a few days and cost me pence to make :T

Off to nuke some chicken breasts, I fancy a quick curry tonight ;)

Have a fab evening x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Car-ree
    Car-ree Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £1.95 at the farm shop, bought some peppers and the owner let me have a bag of apples for 50p, : D
    and then spent £12.64 at Aldi's, mostly essentials which should see us through to the end of the month but did get some chocolate and a bottle of wine (the wine I will be sharing the chocolate I won't!) Also got some chocolate bars for the 2DDs as it works out alot cheaper than getting stuff out of the vending machine after swimming (naughty naughty!)
  • westlothianlass
    Options
    HI all,
    Waiting on my first ever online delivery from sainsbugs (feel like a grown up :D), heres hoping it works out okay. We live in quite a rural location so i've never been able to get anyone to deliver before so quite excited (sad eh), but betting I get a phonecall to say he/she can't find us:rotfl:. If all stuff is available I have spent another £55 pound (have updated sig in anticipation), but feeling pretty good about budget at the mo as only ordered stuff we need for this weeks menu plus a few store cupboard bits and bobs.
    Hugs and positive vibes to all x
    Moving towards a life that is more relaxed and kinder to the environment (embracing my inner hippy:D) .:j
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    Options
    hi all, latest spends from the weekend. Mr t £7.98 and mr a £3.02

I don't seem to have spent much at all so far this month ... not that i'm complaining. Any spare money left over will go in my garage fund :D

I'm on holiday from work this week hopefully should get a few nsd's in and should be relatively low spend.
  • katydo12
    katydo12 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Butchers (£8.03) and Farm shop(10.64) today. Also had a bit of treat in the way of KFC for lunch (13.99) a bit naughty but so tasty and we deserve a treat now and again. Out tomorrow with some friends and spending the night away from home. Probably end up spending a fortune. :s
    on the road to recovery..:o
  • Twiceblessed
    Options
    £4.33 at the corner shop. Sadly entirely on junk food Both me and Dds suffering from cold so needed something to cheer us up. Will need to try being a bit more OS and attempt to bake some treats for next time. Any suggestions for cheap and easy comfort food welcome!
    January grocery challenge £159.43/£250.00
    February grocery challenge £209.53/£200.00
    March grocery challenge £165.66/£190
    April grocery challenge £186.27/£170.00
    May grocery challenge £22.51/£180.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts