PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• ixia
    ixia Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Just updating with spends for the last week.
    • Ald!- £4.34
    • Mr t's- £16.61
    • L!dl- £23
    • Mr S- 6.09
    • co- £1.05
    Total spend £51.19, I haven't gone a proper shop this week just bits and bobs I am lucky as I have all these shops dotted around me the furthest away is a 10 minute drive so just been picking up offers etc.

I am going to try and use what I've got as things are tight as I keep buying xmas presents and need to make the money up from somewhere :rotfl:

I am left with £270.67 till the end of the month
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    sproggi wrote: »
    think my tumble dryer is now dying judging by the awful smell that was coming from it and the almost glowing hot back to it:(

Probably a wasted effort but have you made sure that the vent isn't clogged with fluff? If you can work out how to open it (on mine there is a hole on the back of the machine where the elephant's trunk pipe goes in, and the other end of the vent is below the fluff filter) and vaccuum as much as you can reach it sometimes helps - might be overheating because it doesn't get enough air? Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs :rotfl:

I didn't need to do a big shop last week but have asked my OH to pop to the supermarket today to pick up milk, tomatoes, carrots, bread rolls & some veg to go with tonight's casserole. I usually get all the food but he's off work today and has the car so it seemed sensible, except... does anyone want to take a bet on how much he spends? :eek: I reckon it should cost about £4.50 max, but I doubt he'll spend less than £7... watch this space!
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Spent £5 in icelaqnd on eggs, toilet roll and three packs of Faggots, on offer 6 pack for £1.instead of £1,75.

Also £12 in Mr A on 10 bottles of Crisp and Dry Oil, £1, instead of £1.64 and lots of reduced fruit and veg. had apples, bannanas,parsnips, carrots and mushrooms all at 10p or 20p a bag,so very pleased.
    Got Caulilowers and cabbages 3 for 50p at the Carboot. so £!*spend< thats supposed to be eighteen dont know what i have done to the keyboard>
    Slimming World at target
  • Hoping for a NSD today, as I'm at home with a poorly son. He spent most of the night vommiting all over my bathroom floor! Poor love! He seems fine now, but will have to stay off for two days now - I'm asking my ex-in-laws to do tomorrow for me. My ex has said he doesn't want the children over tomorrow night now, so I'll be feeding the children now. That's fine, we'll have freezer surprise, something easy as I'll be feeling the tiredness from last night by then!! Will use up something that wouldn't have been used up otherwise, so that's a good thing...

Have a good day all,

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • NSD today for me - like Quintwins it's not through choice as my bank is is dire straits until I get my fee cheque through. It's unlikely to arrive today as they won't have posted it out on Saturday so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Thing is I will have to take it somewhere to get cashed as I can't wait until it clears - grrrrrr:mad:

Quintwins - I don't have a TD anymore but when I did it was always getting blocked with fluff - so maybe worth a look....

Breakfast was toast, cheese and tomatoes, lunch will be packed lunch for kids and defrosted hm chicken noodle soup for me, and then evening meal will be cauliflower cheese bake for me (leftover from last night) , chicken stir fry for DD1 and crispy chicken grill thing out of the freezer for DD2. I am trying to use up stuff so don't mind doing the three different things.

This week I don't think that I NEED to buy anything much in the way of food, but I do need swing bin liners, dishwasher tabletsand doggy poo bags (have two new puppies who are not yet quite housetrained). Has anyone tried the Aldi dishwasher all in one tablets? I usually use the fairy platinum ones but don't think they are on offer anywhere at the moment and the Aldi ones are only £3.99 but I don't want to make a false economy.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    166million wrote: »
    Hi Dudes
    first shop of the month £30.28

Hi chaps/ chapesses, buying Quorn fillets to cut up for sandwiches instead of Quorn Deli (sandwich slices) now as I'm hoping it will work out cheaper. Was spending @£15.00 a month on this!

£18.50 in Twesco.
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • Quick update, spent £17 in asda last week on a quick top up but really need to do a decent Aldi shop this week for fresh bits and fruit and veg.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • Spent just under a tenner on some flowers for a friend & half leg of lamb from the Co Op on Saturday & might go there again in a bit.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Mr T again on Friday and Saturday and needed to fill up with fuel as well.

$14.98 on Friday evening and $41.46 on Saturday afternoon and $41..25 for fuel hopefully will keep me going for next 2 weeks.
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
  • This week I don't think that I NEED to buy anything much in the way of food, but I do need swing bin liners, dishwasher tabletsand doggy poo bags (have two new puppies who are not yet quite housetrained). Has anyone tried the Aldi dishwasher all in one tablets? I usually use the fairy platinum ones but don't think they are on offer anywhere at the moment and the Aldi ones are only £3.99 but I don't want to make a false economy.[/QUOTE]

The dw tablets are good. I just use half of one on an eco wash and everything still sparkles! In fact I have tried all the cheap tablets Basics etc and found they all work about the same. Mind you I haven't used the expensive ones, so maybe its what I am used to! I am sure the Fairy are bogof in co-op.
    October Grocery Challenge £400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport