PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

October 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• karen_is_trying
    Options
    Picked up some bits in the co0p porridge on bogof, strawberries for choc dipped strawberries in slimming world tasters tonight, some said chocolate and a sarnie i shouldnt have had but its done now £9.00 , had a cracking deal on loo rolls 16 triple velvet for a fiver handy if anyone got any vouchers too..
    1414-sealed pot challenge :j157-virtual sealed pot challenge:) £10.23..
    £175.73/£280 october grocery challenge:eek: 3/15 NSD October ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Save_Dosh wrote: »
    Hi, my september spends were £83.97. I really wanted to come in on budget, but a few things pushed me over slightly. I have to say its a great improvement on last month, so i will take pride in that. Can you put me down for another [STRIKE]£80 for October[/STRIKE]. This will include all my groceries, basically anything you can buy in the supermarket i am going to include alcohol this time. I am determined to not even go 1p over (ermmm we shall see). Good luck everyone and thanks to the forum moderators for all their hard work.

Sorry to mess you about, can i make that £120, as I want to put in an approved food order and also i am including alcohol in this, so will be about the same.
  • Miss_Purple_Hat
    Options
    An unintentional NSD today. Again, something unexpected came up, but this time I didn't buy my lunch out because I didn't want to spend so much money on one lunch again, I waited until I got home and had a large early dinner instead. Did mean that I had a small bowl of cereal at 7am, a cereal bar at 10am and then just the odd chocolate or sweet until 4.30pm. I was starving! May have to delve into some of the chocolates I bought at the start of the month!

This is part of the problem - being a busy student with unexpected things often liable to come up, it's quite difficult to plan effectively. Oh well, I have an extra potato to have another day...

I know I'm going to end up spending money soon because I'm going to a bbq friday and don't have anything suitable in to take. And then a friend is coming over Saturday for which I need to buy chicken. (I promised her I would cook Chicken Tonight using a jar of sauce I have, which isn't very easy without chicken!) :p
    Making mistakes is not the end of the world, though it often feels that way!
  • supersally01
    Options
    Evening all, need to add a tesco wine order that I put in last night. £32 for 12 bottles, had a code for free delivery. Works out cheaper than shops, so will save me in the long run. Made banana muffins as had some just OOD eggs and brown bananas. Had pizza for tea, free with the voucher. Not a bad day. Hope all are well.
  • CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    nsd today i was very bad and had takeaway last night it was a rubbish day and i really regret it now as it's £9.50 wasted that i really could have used

You are a human! We all need a treat sometimes, think of all the families that have takeaways several times a week! You are doing great as you are, you had a tough day and you needed to cheer yourself up. I hope you enjoyed the food! :j Now no more beating yourself up about it or it will be £9.50 properly wasted! I'm sure you can resourcefully find a way to absorb that expenditure elsewhere :grouphug:

I hope you are feeling better today :)
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I shall dig in the cupboard and see if there is any nutmeg and have a try of that tomorrow now, as i did the stirfry. DGD was just getting too hungry for me to wait to try untested recipes on her.
    4 years old and expects dinner to be ready in seconds!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • slowandsteady_2
    Options
    good evening all,

managed to waddle to shops this afternoon, i am soooo tired and bump is huge and its very hard to wander around now but hey ho only 5 days till i go in for my induction:j

I am reluctant to go near shops nowadays as i have got used to a weekly shop since giving my car up so i loathe picking 'bits' up now-quite a change from my daily trips with the car! I am more on top of what im spending weekly.

However i needed a couple of things for the baby, have been trying to 'win' a monitor on ebay but we keep getting pipped at the post and the prices were quite high anyway so i went to Mr T and got one there adding to my clubcard points too, got her a little woolie cardigan with a hood £2.50 instead of £7, very reasonable i thought. I also got me a box of ferrero rocher (yum yum) which are on offer at £4 at moment for a good size box, im saving them for after baby is born as a present to myself lol. I got some BOGOF little vine toms, (£1.70) love them. They didnt have my bread so then went to the shopping centre and Wilkinsons and got it there, and also a box of strawberries from the fruit stall man, then went in to the local equivalent of B and M (same shop different name) and got hubby his favourite crisps (75p) and his mints (£1 for 5 rolls, sick of buying them!)

Everything from Mr T went on the cc due to the nature of the purchase but i will still count the food items in my total so i know what im really spending. Sooo...

tomatoes £1.70
    strawberries £1
    bread £1.34
    crisps £0.75p
    mints £1
    multi pack choc bars £1

total £6.79

Hubby will be picking some milk up later and some ham if he remembers so i'll have to wait till he's back to add that in too.

I need to do a fresh shop as its my usual shopping day thurs/fri but i want to hold out till Sun/ Mon if possible so theres some fresh stuff in for hubby when im in hospital, we have fruit, butter, cheese etc so should be ok.

Won't be going out tomorrow, weather going to be awful apparently and we shouldnt NEED anything lol so should be a nsd

Have a good day everyone x
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...we had chicken pie for tea which was nice and used up the leftovers from a roast on monday....going to do sausage and mash tomorrow might go mad and do toad in the hole

went to lidl on the way home to get some bread flour its very reasonable...68p and it works very well....i am now making all our bread and it seems to be working out ok....it is cheaper than buying loaves...i calculate about 30p a loaf so worth a try

take care tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Puzzledbubbles
    Options
    Evening all,

So far i am succeding with the no spend days, nothing spent on groceries since Sunday so 3 NSD's for me :)

Need milk and bread so will be spending tomorrow, not doing too badly though :)
  • ButterflyBee
    Options
    Needed a few bits and bobs at Mr T again. Now total spend is £106.85 already for the month of October.

:eek:how am I going to do it this month. Only have £170 left for the entire month to include fuel, buss fairs and groceries.:eek: This will be a challenging month! But then again every month is a challenging month.:(It feels like the battle continues and continues and continues and continues a n d c o n t i n u e s.... . . . . . . . . .
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing