Tesco misprices and discussion (Thread 12)

Options

Comments

• jumblejack
    Options
    a quick question, I got a moon sand construction set a few days ago for £7, the child I bought it for isn't allowed it but it is now scanning at £15.97 do I give the boy's Mum the reciept but block out the price and hope CS give her the full price for the item or just leave it as it is and let her get the £7??
    More of a moral dilema than anything else

Honesty is always the best policy. Best to leave the receipt as it is. :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Brodie_mummy
    Options
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-8340.aspx

Was £6 instore yesterday @ Edinburgh Fort store
    Sarcasm

the witty will have fun
    and the stupid won't get it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bookworm63
    Bookworm63 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Options
    a quick question, I got a moon sand construction set a few days ago for £7, the child I bought it for isn't allowed it but it is now scanning at £15.97 do I give the boy's Mum the reciept but block out the price and hope CS give her the full price for the item or just leave it as it is and let her get the £7??
    More of a moral dilema than anything else

If you paid by card they won't give her a refund anyway - it would have to be paid back to your card - so she could only exchange. I've taken things back to exchange at T's without a receipt before now so she shouldn't need the receipt at all - just let her know it came from Tescos :D
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Speculation is mounting that grocery and general merchandise giant Tesco is preparing to launch a price offensive next week, sparking concern of a new price war.
    Tesco is understood to be planning to focus on permanently low prices and may even shift away from promotions.
    A tie-up with its Christmas campaign and Clubcard are also thought likely. The retailer was said by industry sources to be particularly gunning for Asda, but the repercussions of the initiative are likely to be felt across the grocery sector.

http://www.retail-week.com/sectors/food/tesco-speculation-prompts-price-war-fears/5029314.article
  • Bens_Mom
    Options
    sirbrainy wrote: »
    Speculation is mounting that grocery and general merchandise giant Tesco is preparing to launch a price offensive next week, sparking concern of a new price war.
    Tesco is understood to be planning to focus on permanently low prices and may even shift away from promotions.
    A tie-up with its Christmas campaign and Clubcard are also thought likely. The retailer was said by industry sources to be particularly gunning for Asda, but the repercussions of the initiative are likely to be felt across the grocery sector.

http://www.retail-week.com/sectors/food/tesco-speculation-prompts-price-war-fears/5029314.article

Oh I do hope so.....
  • nikkilala_2
    Options
    LUCOZADE GLITCH Just found this on HDUK sounds good to me:

"I just bought 4 packs of 4 Lucozade sport (500mls) Should be £3.64 each or 2 for £5, however they have taken off £4.56 per 2 packs making it £2.72 for 2 packs - 8 bottles!"
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • ijustloveabargain
    Options
    celebrate wrote: »
    phew, wondered where the thread had gone for a minute!

Hi everyone, thanks for the new thread stebiz! knew you'd sort it, now all we need is newbies to post misprices on here (may be difficult as everyone is now used to posting a new thread for each item lol!)

so i got male trouted today and i am a bit hacked off but i let it go:A

PANASONIC KXTG5521 sel 34.99 scans at 74.99 single phone

Got DTD already on the same phone in my local store then ventured slightly further afield to try a new store and voila same phone with OOD sel, bumped into old uni friend haven't seen for 15years at the CS desk. Cs came back and said barcodes didn't match and could only offer me a refund. It threw me and my friend was waiting for my phone number so I gave in and didn't kick up a fuss and let it go......BUT I'LL BE BACK!!!!!;)

also got barbie car , keep looking for these guys even if stickers are off may put new stock out with stickers on(same as stripey glasses as new stock gets put out they may forget to peel off stickers)

also 8packs of honey shreddies, coupons didn't work and had to take them to CS where couldn't scan them either but did them manually for me:T

also found some money/notes in the car park !!!!(double figures ++) handed it in, CS couldn't believe my honesty. if no-one has collected in 4 weeks I can claim (but will donate to a worthy cause:A)
    seen your post at dinner and just wanted to say a big thanks :T i managed to get a phone in the old*** store cs lady wasnt happy tho gaving me £80 back hahaha
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    LUCOZADE GLITCH Just found this on HDUK sounds good to me:

"I just bought 4 packs of 4 Lucozade sport (500mls) Should be £3.64 each or 2 for £5, however they have taken off £4.56 per 2 packs making it £2.72 for 2 packs - 8 bottles!"

Didnt work in B*thg*te
  • eyeofthetyne
    Options
    Went to my local Tesco 24hr last night at 0100hrs.

Bought two Tesco Quiches (£2 each or 2 for £3 offer).

Used self service checkout (no staff about) and it went through as £2 each, the offer was not honoured. Asked a member of staff who said "I cant do anything" and that was that. I had to leave.

Advice anyone?
  • dharm11
    dharm11 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Can confirm the parazone bleach 750ml is going through bogof again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure