We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Charge Right Ltd - reclaim money

Options

Comments

• ScarletM
    Options
    Hi,

Can anyone advise what to do to get my fees paid to Charge Right Ltd back?
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ScarletM,
    As I mentioned in my earlier posts, the Claims Management Regulator advised sending a letter to claim a refund. However, as in my earlier posts, this has proved to be worthless.

I have spoken again with the CMR today. They advise that Charge Right Ltd are still an active company with Companies House, but cannot handle claims. As such, the only solution for you, and for me as it a matters, is to sue Charge Right Ltd. Speak to your local CAB to see if they consider your case to be worthwhile taking to the Small Claims Court. The CMR cannot help any further :(

The only money that you can claim for is the fee that you paid, not the monies given for Bank and Lender Charges.:(

Not much help I'm afraid, but at least it's relevant and recent news.
  • Pariah
    Options
    UPDATE: Total Financial Solutions aren't FSA regulated, but they do have a CMR licence ... according to the Claims Management Regulator.
    An FSA licence isn't required apparently ... according to the Claims Management Regulator.
  • ScarletM
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

Is there any other way I can get my fees back other than the courts?:mad:
  • Brock_and_Roll
    Brock_and_Roll Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scarlet,

You need to write off your fees and move on with your life making a mental note never to be pay ANY upfront fees again.

Even if at significant expense you were to successfully pursue this through the courts, I would bet my mortgage that you will not be able to recover any money. The company will be closed down & insolvent with any directors either bankrupt or gone away.
  • Pariah
    Options
    Hi ScarletM,

Brock_and_Roll may be correct but there are other solutions available to pursue the problem :)

I have spoken with the CMR again this morning and they are now 'totally not interested' and suggested the Financial Ombudsman Service for further assistance. Spoke with the FOS and it isn't their jurisdiction but infact the MOJ's (who incidently the CMR are!!!).

However, from this fruitless exercise, I did gain some assistance in trying to reclaim your fees (and mine). :)

Any documentation that you sent will not be available, if ever, unless Charge Right Ltd go into liquidation and unless you monitor the situation and have access to Companies House, then you are never going to find out! (But are you.....?)

The following options are viable but please mention 'Charge Back' in your enquiries.

If you paid your fee by credit card, then contact your provider and they will advise you if you have a claim for 'services not provided'.

If you paid your fee by debit card, then contact your bank and they will advise you if you have a claim for 'goods and services not provided'.

I have just done the later and the 'complaint' has now been passed to the Bank's Investigators who will contact me soon for extra details.

Watch this space :)
  • milly88
    milly88 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    If you go the MOJ web site it should advise what to do if a company is suspended or cancelled.
    milly88

I follow Legal Allsorts, a very interesting site.
  • Pariah
    Options
    milly88 If you go the MOJ web site it should advise what to do if a company is suspended or cancelled.

Unfortunately, Charge Right Ltd didn't do neither and even though information is available as you say, it doesn't apply to them as they voluntarily surrendered their CMR licence ;)
  • kerrycoombs
    Options
    your more likely to get your money back from a credit card, i got conned and now they have ceased trading, i have let the police and action fraud know and my bank is investigating.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do complain to your MP. This will not, sadly, get your money back but it will make Parliament aware of the utter incompetence of the MOJ in regulating these firms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport