We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Stopped By The Police
Comments
-
fivetide - Thanks for that, very helpful. You mention the lamps are a guide, well, my guide to speeds is signs, not streetlamps. Similarly, I don't expect to get any lighting out of a sign...
And lines in the middle of a road getting longer - well since we're talking about dual carraigeways that doesn't apply.
I do accept however that there do seem to be 30 mph dual carraigways on UK mainland without repeaters, and can see through the link the legislation allowing it.
Still think it's bonkers, and wrong, but there you go. Can't think of any here in NI.
bigl - yes I do, advanced test too, hence why I'm arguing over the fine points of motoring ;-) - I'm familiar with the highway code. My point all along has been that I take my speed from signs, not lampposts, and that if a speed limit is different from national speed limit, repeaters are required. IE I do 70 on all dual carraigeways unless told otherwise by a sign, which will be supported by repeaters. It appears I'd get caught by that in England.
sarahg1969 - we're prohibiting repeater signs now?! How on earth does that help the motorist?!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
