We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Stopped By The Police
Comments
-
yep. afraid that the lamp post rule is correct.0
-
Strider590 wrote: »That's pretty bad actually, the only speed limit signs are as you exit the M way......
Not really, you only need to be warned if you are moving between speed limits, if the limit hasn't changed you don't need any signs, maybe coming off the motorway is the only place that warning of a change to 30mph is needed.I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world0 -
interstellaflyer wrote: »Not really, you only need to be warned if you are moving between speed limits, if the limit hasn't changed you don't need any signs, maybe coming off the motorway is the only place that warning of a change to 30mph is needed.
Yup, it is the only place you need warning. All the other routes to that road are from housing estates...If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands
0 -
Machighlander wrote: »My wife was stopped by the police on Thursday 8th September on a small Stretch of Dual Carraigeway just outside Asda in Robroyston, Glasgow. She was doing 44MPH, believeing this to be fine as it was a dual carraigeway and she thought the speed limit was 50.
I don't really get why she thought it was 50. If it were a dual carriageway with no repeaters and no regular streetlighting, it would be 70....0 -
Idiophreak wrote: »I don't really get why she thought it was 50. If it were a dual carriageway with no repeaters and no regular streetlighting, it would be 70....
No, it doesn't have a central reservation, so it would be 60
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands
0 -
So it's not a dual carriageway then?
A big misconception, a Dual carriageway has to be seperated by some sort of physical barrier, could be a crash barrier or just grass or gravel otherwise it is just a multi lane single carriageway.I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world0 -
interstellaflyer wrote: »A big misconception, a Dual carriageway has to be seperated by some sort of physical barrier, could be a crash barrier or just grass or gravel otherwise it is just a multi lane single carriageway.
I'm fully aware of that fact.
Meepster said its a 60 so therefore it must be single carriageway.0 -
We have a similar stretch of road near to where I live in West Yorkshire.
Wide, open road, part dual-carriageway, few pedestrians - 30 mph but looks like it should be 40 or 50.
My wife works for one of the local magistrate's court and used to be the person who sent off convicted speeding drivers' licences to the DVLA for endorsing ( I certainly had to watch my driving in those days!!! ).
She reckoned it was the most lucrative section of road in West Yorkshire for fines-revenue and even today, is regularly patrolled by plain, unmarked patrol cars.
I stick to the limit when driving along it for obvious reasons but I regularly get crowded and tailgated by impatient drivers behind who are unaware of the dangers that lurk!0 -
I'm fully aware of that fact.
I know, I was just expanding on your comment for the benifit of those who think any road with 2 lanes going each way is a dual carriageway.I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards