Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• originalbob
    Options
    Finally received my parcel 14th November.This was only after rescheduling the delivery after a further two unnanounced failed attempts to deliver,being unable to track the delivery online, and harassing the call centre into giving me a direct number for the local depot.Give them their due, the depot were very good and dealt with my enquiry immediately, and the packaged turned up within half an hour of my having called.The overall level of customer service by Yodel to this poor soul though was atrocious! And I'm still waiting for somebody to call me back to respond to my complaint.Not good enough by a very long way Yodel!
  • Welshscot
    Options
    Just found this thread and have to add my tuppence worth! I live in Inverness and ordered a doll's house from East Lothian. Normal delivery price £6.50 for delivery to South of England (distance 450 miles) but when the retailer contacted the courier he was charged £18.50 because I live in the Highlands and Islands - Inverness is only 150 miles from Tranent, East Lothian. Having choked the delivery charge was paid and the parcel was picked up on Wednesday 9th November. Now living in Inverness I never expect next day delivery but this took until Monday 14th November to arrive. By then I was fuming so filled in the ever so user friendly (not) complaints form. To date I haven't even had the courtesy of a reply so I was so pleased to discover an email address on this site. Wonder how long I'll wait for a reply. On the plus side I must sing the praises of the retailer/manufacturer - Ted Sills of Dolls House Concept - who was so helpful and split the extra courier charges with me.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welshscot wrote: »
    Just found this thread and have to add my tuppence worth! I live in Inverness and ordered a doll's house from East Lothian. Normal delivery price £6.50 for delivery to South of England (distance 450 miles) but when the retailer contacted the courier he was charged £18.50 because I live in the Highlands and Islands - Inverness is only 150 miles from Tranent, East Lothian. Having choked the delivery charge was paid and the parcel was picked up on Wednesday 9th November. Now living in Inverness I never expect next day delivery but this took until Monday 14th November to arrive. By then I was fuming so filled in the ever so user friendly (not) complaints form. To date I haven't even had the courtesy of a reply so I was so pleased to discover an email address on this site. Wonder how long I'll wait for a reply. On the plus side I must sing the praises of the retailer/manufacturer - Ted Sills of Dolls House Concept - who was so helpful and split the extra courier charges with me.

so 3 working days?
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    so 3 working days?

Yes - and any carrier other than Yodel could (and should) have delivered in 2 working days.
  • QuackQuack_2
    Options
    I used to have a great Yodal guy. Gave the dog biscuits and everything. He has now been replaced by a man of unknown ethnic origin that speaks hardly a word of English. There are normally two of them in the van and they take turns sleeping and driving. Whilst the service is generally very good - the communication barrier stops me using them very much any more.
  • custardy
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Yes - and any carrier other than Yodel could (and should) have delivered in 2 working days.

so no courier has even been delayed by one day?
    impressive stuff
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    so no courier has even been delayed by one day?
    impressive stuff

I'm not sure why you seem so keen to support Yodel (are you one of their delivery agents?) but I think you're missing the point.

Of course deliveries will get delayed occasionally - that's life. But it happens far more frequently with Yodel (along with all the other problems caused by Yodel) than with other companies. That's why this thread exists, and that's why there are so many bad reviews of Yodel right across the net.

And that's also why many companies, such as Boots, who have had particular difficulties with Yodel, are reviewing their contracts.
  • custardy
    Options
    I'm not sure why you seem so keen to support Yodel (are you one of their delivery agents?) but I think you're missing the point.

Of course deliveries will get delayed occasionally - that's life. But it happens far more frequently with Yodel (along with all the other problems caused by Yodel) than with other companies. That's why this thread exists, and that's why there are so many bad reviews of Yodel right across the net.

And that's also why many companies, such as Boots, who have had particular difficulties with Yodel, are reviewing their contracts.

yes thats right I work for them rolleyes.gif
    you make quite a sweeping statement on Yodel
    I've yet to have an issue with them (and its owner /drivers who deliver here)
    same with HDNL ,yet you will find many hits on their service
    and with RM etc
    the point is a 1 day delay can and does happen with every company.
    companies using owner/drivers do so to cut costs.
    cutting costs usually leads to cuts in service levels
    however as long as folks demand cheaper services then its how businesses meet that.
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options

Yopdel offers 24/48/72 hour deliveries, so it depends on what was paid for.
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options

All delivery companies get the same complaints, search and see for yourself.
    BTW do Boots post their goods under a different company name because I haven't seen any of their stuff coming through for probably 2+ years?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure