Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• QuackQuack_2
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I'd forgotten that Littlewoods and Yodel were owned by the same company (the Barclay twins' Shop Direct Group).

If I'm fair - from what I've experienced there seems to be a couple of 'streams' of service with Yodel. The Littlewoods/large contract (people like Europarts) side seems to run OK and delivery is generally good. It's the 'ad-hoc' side of the business that seems to be pants.

Generally though, I totally agree. Littlewoods are a company that typically target low income families with overpriced goods. In my own personal opinion I think that is scummy. They have their phones answered by home sweatshop workers [they are mentioned in a thread on this site] who painfully and persistently try to upsell other unwanted rubbish and extended warranties. It's also worth mentioning that they have some '''clever''' (that ain't a compliment) ways of munging their interest free options so customers end up not paying them off unless they call them up each time they make a payment and tell them it is specifically for their interest free items.

With all things considered, Yodel would fit right in with this dirty, vile company.
  • anadin_2
    Options
    Amazin' sight. Worse than the window at the bookies when the favorite comes in at 5:1 ... what on earth is going on? What are the trying to wiv those bits of paper? Why do some peel off like ants and disappear to the back of the shed? Why are there about twenty uvvers crammed into the portakabin? Why are there parcels on the floor around my feet? Whas this notice asking me to report dishonesty if I see it?...

God help me. I've arranged to collect my parcel from their Oldbury depot on Monday. :eek:
  • brokenbetty
    Options
    According to Yodel's tracking my parcel was delivered and signed for at 7.55pm last night. Weirdly it was then delivered and signed for AGAIN at 21.55. This is news to me and to the security staff at my office who would have had to let the courier in and take delivery.

At best misdelivered, at worst stolen. Either way I am £350 out of pocket until O2 and Yodel sort it out.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Another email address for complaints about delivery: escalatedqueries@vx.myhdnl.co.uk
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    2sides2everystory-you should write a book.I felt like I was in the midst of a Dickensian novel.

Volumes have really took off now-several rounds in our depot had 3 days worth of work in today and everyone is trying their best to clear it.
    Reading some of these posts and putting 2 and 2 together I'd guess a lot of these problems are caused by agency staff and service providers which the company employ at this time of year.
    They have little experience/training and simply cannot deliver the same numbers as regular employed drivers.A regular driver may be able to deliver 200+ a day if they put the hours in but I've seen cases of people new to the business delivering as few as 20 in a day.
    Despite the general consensus being any old monkey can deliver parcels, the reality is yes they can but nowhere near as many as this one.I've seen people come and go who think they can just drop into the job as you are just "sat on your !!!! all day" and then find out its not as simple as that.
    People also seem to think we are lazy, when in fact its not a job you can be lazy in at all as your performance is so easily monitored.You can't slack off as management can see exacly how much you are doing on a daily basis, plus we are paid based on how many we deliver so a lazy driver would be a poor driver.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    I had a bad eurocarparts yodel experience so its not just biased against other suppliers

I i made a complaint about yodel who never came back to me and eurocarparts took lots of details to feed back to contract manager and said if people dont let them know, they cant know there is a problem. so do make a complaint
  • 2sides2everystory
    Options
    2sides2everystory-you should write a book.I felt like I was in the midst of a Dickensian novel...
    Well I felt a bit like that too, given the clear oppressive nature of the working environment. Clearly it was a story of the times, places and systems everyday London working folk are now expected to work in - the midst of which you well recognised :p

You may be a driver of some pedigree, but hoards of London workers are indeed as occasional and badly off and as badly treated as those waiting outside dockgates at 6am for work 150 years ago.

To me, our Yodel depot is like a seething pit through which most corporate internet purchases to be delivered in my part of London (quite a nice area actually) must run the gauntlet before they are delivered. They just better be crushproof, waterproof (Last year I saw rollcages standing outside in the rain and collected some part sodden Amazon books that way).

Of course a lot of people receive stuff via the Yodel network without being any the wiser about the tips it might operate from.

It's a bit like a MacDonald's franchise with a dirty kitchen - most will eat what comes out at the front counter and not notice it being any different to what is generally expected. Most customers don't peer into the back areas so they won't know the kitchen is dirty or that the guy utting the lettuce in the BigMacs picks his nose regularly. Occasionally someone becomes ill but that usually becomes evident in the privacy of their own home so no-one notices or hears about it and probably they are not sure what caused it and can't be bothered to make a fuss anyway.

And so it goes on, mostly because those that could affect the standards, the company management, simply don't have any that they are disposed to stamp on their business.
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Update: Last night at 7.30 I had a text "Sorry we missed you, we ledt a calling card, but to speed up delivery can you call the courier on xxxx no with parcel ref xxxxx" the text was sent from ELC so I rung the mobile on the txt and the courier said it was a generic message sent at close of business (again this was 7.30pm and was told to expect my parcel up to 9m the night before) he also said he hadn't wanted to come into the building at this time as he knew disabled and elderly live here and he didn't want to disturb anyone, but that he was able to deliver if I wanted him too, I said this would be fine and got parcel 1 of 3! The invoice did state that multiple items would be delivered separately so I may have to wait in another 2 times! Also, none of my order refs are the same and as ELC said they were going to resend all my order I may have duplicates of all 3 to send back!
  • Jo_Mc_2
    Jo_Mc_2 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Jo_Mc wrote: »
    Well I have two parcels which have been out for delivery with Yodel since 3.51am on Monday morning and there's no sign of them yet....

Just to update this, I spoke to Amazon on Thursday and waited on the line for 20 minutes whilst the operator spoke to Yodel. She assured me that my two parcels would definitely be delivered yesterday, Friday 9th.
    They weren't.
    They have now been "out for delivery" for 139 hours.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered stuff on the 4th November from out of the city/ welly warehouse and was told it was being shipped by yodel, still not been received. I've now written to OOTC and told them I want a refund. According to the company I bought from this parcel has been out for delivery no less than 10 times and yet I've still not even had as much as a calling card from them. No tracking number despite asking for it and even though I've asked for the dates and times that the driver has delivered the parcel no one seems to know, they just know that he was there.

Absolute disgrace of a company, I am now going to the step where if I'm buying online I'm going to ask who they use to ship it and just not buy if the answer is yodel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure