Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    I have an update from my missing parcel..I am sure you all will like this as much as I did.

Last Monday Boots had the parcel returned to them as they refunded me and we agreed to just forget the whole thing and move on..Well Yodel were meant to deliver it back to the main depo of Boots on Wednesday and guess what>>>they can't find the depo and the address is now incomplete so they have sent it back to my area to try and deliver it back to me but the address is unreadable so god only knows where they think they are going to drop it off as they couldn't find me when the address and details were clear as day.

They have sent me a email to say " Due to an address issue there might be some delay in getting your parcel to you" no sorry we balls up, sorry we couldn't be bothered to ring and get the address right, or email for details, or read the delivery note on the paperwork as that would explain it all.

Oh what a wonderful company and I do wonder how many Christmases will be cancelled like the Leadbetters in the Good Life.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interestingly - and without any encouragement from me up until today - Yodel are coming out surprisingly badly in another turdiest company poll - never thought they'd get as many reviews as telecoms companies ... quite a few interesting comments on them, not least of all the revelation of not only managerial grief, but also a financial penalty for not attempting delivery which of course makes crystal clear why some drivers are fabricating their delivery histories.

Not too late to add your tuppences there, polls close tonight.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/worst-company-of-2011-nominations-closing-soon/51934

I like the "yodelay(ooo)" nickname someone posted on here, that's crying out to be registered as a .co.uk domain!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have an update from my missing parcel..I am sure you all will like this as much as I did.

Last Monday Boots had the parcel returned to them as they refunded me and we agreed to just forget the whole thing and move on..Well Yodel were meant to deliver it back to the main depo of Boots on Wednesday and guess what>>>they can't find the depo and the address is now incomplete so they have sent it back to my area to try and deliver it back to me but the address is unreadable so god only knows where they think they are going to drop it off as they couldn't find me when the address and details were clear as day.

They have sent me a email to say " Due to an address issue there might be some delay in getting your parcel to you" no sorry we balls up, sorry we couldn't be bothered to ring and get the address right, or email for details, or read the delivery note on the paperwork as that would explain it all.

Oh what a wonderful company and I do wonder how many Christmases will be cancelled like the Leadbetters in the Good Life.

bear in mind it could be as simple as a poorly printed/aligned label
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    It could of course but then why was that not the problem to start with ? They have all the details to find me including a phone number / GPS number / full written map directions and yet they still can't manage it.
    I do live on a farm / caravan site so understand the problem which is why I provide full details and everyone else manages ok, they are the only one's who struggle and then lie about it..I am still waiting for their promised call back and they themselves said I would get that within 48 hours..that was about a week ago
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 8 December 2011 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Over 48 hours now since my books were sent and still no tracking on my parcel. Using the boxes on the actual site the entering my number does bring up my address so presumably it is not an error with the tracking number, just no scanning has been done.

Will be complaining to the retailer for sure. I don't think in 2011 I am unreasonable in expecting tracking from dispatch to my door.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    Interestingly - and without any encouragement from me up until today - Yodel are coming out surprisingly badly in another turdiest company poll - never thought they'd get as many reviews as telecoms companies ... quite a few interesting comments on them, not least of all the revelation of not only managerial grief, but also a financial penalty for not attempting delivery which of course makes crystal clear why some drivers are fabricating their delivery histories.

Not too late to add your tuppences there, polls close tonight.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/worst-company-of-2011-nominations-closing-soon/51934

Excellent idea - let's add to the negative publicity to force Yodel to get their act together.

They've already featured on Radio 4's You and Yours consumer programme for their bad reputation (on Monday):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017vnqw#p00mb725

Postal Services Update (15.55)

Historian Dominic Sandbrook traces the history of the Post Office for a new series on Radio 4 and we talk to parcel service Yodel which has received complaints about their deliveries.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If there are any Mods watching this thread, how about a poll some time soon in the weekly newletter? Good time of the year to do it - you know the sort of thing. List the major carriers and ask how members feel about the service they've provided. Who knows - Yodel could be the best! (But I doubt it). :)
    Options
    I have had THE.WORST.TIME with Yodel. I am sick to the back teeth of their pathetic excuses.

I ordered a parcel on 1st December. It was due out for delivery the next day, when I called Yodel I was assured it would arrive. Tracked my parcel on the website which tells me they were "Unable to locate" called and rearranged delivery. The next day a fair few parcels arrived (with it being Christmas and all). Yodel were still unable to locate my address. When I spoke to them they said my address was inadequate and the parcel would be there the next day. They didnt quite grasp the fact that if my address was inadequate that day it would still be so the next day. So arranged an address change. The address change apparently never went through their system.

When I called Yodel on Tuesday, I gave them my address rather than the tracking number. The agent said it was delivered on Saturday 3rd. I advised her the particular parcel I was waiting for never came. She then started to get an attitude telling me it was "delivered on paper". When I told her again id not got it she told me it was a parcel from Argos...which hed been delivered. So when I asked her why Yodel could find my address when delivering from Argos but not when they are delivering from Virgin Mobile she said she couldnt deal with this call and hung up. I called back and was assured it would be at my other address on Wednesday (yesterday) nothing arrived.

Then when I called yesterday I was told it would be there Friday. You can imagine the language I was using at this point. I then got a call from Virgin Mobile this morning asking me if I had recieved my parcel. I advised him that I hadnt. Yodel have advised Virgin Mobile that they have delivered this parcel (to the address that it was changed to even though it never went through the system) to a neighbour on the Wednesday evening as no one was at home...someone was in all night.

So I have had someone speak to my neighbours who are unaware of a parcel being delivered! They are now waiting for a housemate to come home to see if they accepted the parcel and if they dont have it I will have to call Yodel for the 7th day running to find out where the hell my parcel is!

I have had the misfortune to work with Yodel and been on the receiving end of people shouting at me because Yodel are so incompetent!

If I ever find a company is using Yodel to deliver I will go elsewhere and quite possibly just go without if it came to it. I STRONGLY advise everyone else to do so! They are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    We've been having a real nightmare with Yodel. first order was for 2 GPS's - cost £329 on expenses but on my CC. They went missing - yodel 'tried to deliver' on several occasions (I work from home so was in on each occasion they claimed to have been). Yodel and the firm I ordered them from said they were back at the depot and hadn't been scanned? shortly afterwards my neighbour brought them around. Yodel had chosen the wrong address (50 yards away and in sight of our house) within our postcode - a very rural area.

I'm having problems again now with a smaller order - they claimed to have attempted delivery twice - more lies! I've given the supplier an ultimatum that if they are not here by Monday I want my money back.

Grrrr!
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ironically, the only time they did truthfully rather than fictitiously call while I wasn't at home and leave a card for me, was not only a week after dispatch, but also a full 3 days after both I and the company I'd ordered from had told them to shove the parcel back to sender. They couldn't even get that right!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure