RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Comments

• Hi all I too am very desperate to get out of the grips of this dreadful con, I sent for samples off the web, but did not see any Terms and Conditions at the time. We eventually received the samples that would have being well passed any cancelation days as shown on their (now discovered terms & Conditions) web site. I have sent emails to this company but with no response, so far they have taken a total of £309.92 and my wife has received one very small bottle, I have contacted my credit card company and I am awaiting the appropiate forms to try and get this stoped, I'll let you know how I get on M
  • catnap2 wrote: »
    I have been caught out to and feel so stupid! Received my credit card statement yesterday and they have taken £370. My credit card company have said that they will stop any future payments. I have contacted Revita Derm on 0808 1683685, and cancelled subscription. I think as with others they will try and continue to take my money!

Please report this to Action Fraud. If like me, not only have they taken your money, but have not sent you the subsequent products as well, this is fraud as you have not received what you have paid for. You will get some support and advice from them and a Crime Reference Number which will help you to get your money refunded from your bank or credit card. Their number is 0300 1232040.

This company has a uk address but is worldwide and I think it is run from Cypress. They have used the 'pay for postage only, free trial' tactic whilst entering you unwittengly into a subscription on many different products (usually health and beauty), for many years.

Good luck all in getting your money back!
    Tried the Action Fraud site, sorry but a waste of time
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 November 2011 at 8:06PM
    Ad for this scam (leading to fake news site: satelliteworldnews.com/health/1/index.php?t202id=31274&t202kw=scam ), ad run by Adbrite ad network:

629615.jpg

AdBrite - 731 Market St., Suite 500 , San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
    http://twitter.com/#!/adbrite/
    http://www.facebook.com/adbrite

Fake news site satelliteworldnews.com is registered to an address in Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire PE19 8DL
    http://whois.domaintools.com/satelliteworldnews.com
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Hi,
    I too was caught up in a similar 'weight loss' scam, whereby I only had to pay postage cost and then found sums of money being deducted over a two week period, starting from £50 to £75! I tried to call to cancel and it was always the same thing, the phone line was busy or they would get back to me when the computer was up and running. I contacted my bank and luckily for me, they sorted the whole mess out. They were able to return all the money into my bank account, contact the sellers and report their site. My bank was excellent. I will never go for one of these cons again. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is... Hope this comment was helpful.
  • So to anyone who requests email cancellation confirmation from them a scammer, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION YOU CAN AFFORD UP AND RUNNING.

Plus Anti Malware protection too.

"One thing that really caught my attention was the representative’s interest in my online banking habits. On further investigation I found web sites associated with this company that my cyber security protection system identified had two dangerous sets of malware ready to download. "

From an investigation into fake news site/free trial scams:
    http://www.examiner.com/cyber-crime-in-lafayette-la/lafayette-girl-does-well-not
    -- Author Unknown --
  • I have just cancelled my subscription for these products and although I only subscribed on the 4th November they have told me I will not get a refund. This contravenes their own terms and conditions so faux pas to them!

I will now contact my bank again to ask them to take action to get the money back, (£70.00 quid or so), and then I shall report them for fraud.

These toe rags are making a mint through devious means. I had to scroll down to the lengthy web page to find the link for the terms, which was barely legible although the terms themselves were clear.

I was unaware that I was entering an agreement initially so exteremely annoyed afterwards.:eek::mad:

It only became aparrent when the money came out of my account.

Oh, to all those peeps who feel stupid for falling for this, I did and I work in IT and should have known better!;)

I suggest that if you have been duped, call them ASAP to cancel. I did get through on the 0808 number and it was a painless process although it took 20 minutes.
  • I too got suckered into this yesterday. I was on Sainsburys website when it asked me if i would answer some questions about Sainsburys and i might get a free gift. So i did this and it sent me to the perfect radiance site, i filled in the form and though it ok to pay the p&p, no t&c until i had done everything. Then alarm bells started, what an idiot i thought. So this morning rang the number, not in use, so cancelled the credit card all they had took was the p&p £5.99. If its a scam, and we know it is, what are they going to do if they send the stuff and they can't get the money, take us to court! Don't think so do you?
  • More fake news websites - linked to Acuity Ads in Toronto?

A reverse ip on another fake news site [amyswrinkleeraser.com/wrinkles/index2.php] shows these websites on the same server including several fake news sites and fake blogs:

16clicks.com
    18rockets.com
    64buckets.com
    abrocket-online.com
    acuityads.com
    amyswrinkleeraser.com
    belindadietablog.es
    buy-snuggie.com
    canadaheadlinenews.com
    consumernewsreporter.co.uk
    consumershealthreports.com
    consumersteethreport.com
    consumersteethreport.net
    consumertipsweeklynow.com
    electroniccigarettes-reviews.com
    emilysdietblog.co.uk
    laurasdietjournal.com
    lukegetsripped.com
    consumers-weekly.com

One of them is Acuity Ads, a company in Toronto [acuityads.com].
    [Acuity Ads Inc.
    5775 Yonge Street Toronto, ON
    M2M 4J1 Canada]

Several of the fake news websites above now redirect to an AcuityAds search page, which suggests they are owned by Acuity Ads.
    acuity-search.com:8080/AcuitySERP/

The active fake news website at amyswrinkleeraser.com/wrinkles/index2.php is promoting 2 products called Belisi RX and Cupuac Vital - clicking the links for those products takes you to acuityads.com

Another active fake news site [consumers-weekly.com/] promotes an acai scam, a teeth whitening scam and a work from home scam - all the links redirect to 18rockets.com, one of the sites on the same server listed above.

The CEO of Acuity Ads is listed as Tal Hayek - who also "founded Incentaclick, an affiliate marketing platform focused on lead generation and customer acquisition."
    acuityads.com/who/leadership.html

Incentaclick (CX Digital Media) is mentioned in this current FTC legal action against fake news sites (the two affiliate marketers in the case were affiliates of Incentaclick (CX Digital Media) : http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1123089/110413beonymotionmemotro.pdf

http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1123089/index.shtm

Acuity Ads lists their clients as including Dell computers and Sears. I wonder what these companies would think of the above??

By the way the company/ 2 people mentioned in the case at http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1123089/110413beonymotionmemotro.pdf "have paid Pulse 360 a total of $14.33 million for ad services since September 2008". Clearly they made a lot more than that in income (to make a profit) and the affiliate network would have made a good chunk too. So these alleged scams are very profitable for all involved - the ad networks (Pulse 360 etc), the affiliate networks and the affiliates. Bear in mind that there are hundreds of affiliates (the $14.33 million was just the spend of one affiliate), several ad networks, and dozens of affiliate networks. Plus the companies providing the free trials (just one of which for example took in over $450 million dollars).
    -- Author Unknown --
  • I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who posted on this forum for alerting me to this scam. I ordered the trial on Friday without doing the normal checks because I so wanted to look better! The product came yesterday but then I checked on the internet before opening it and discovered the scam. I wanted OUT and took the following steps:- emailed in response to both order confirmation emails cancelling the trial, followed up with two separate signed letters confirming cancellation including the full order details and delivery note. Checked on line that only the trial money had been taken then called my credit card company, alerted them that I had got drawn into the scam and cancelled my credit card. I will not be returning the product which I have paid for unless I am sent a prepaid sticker as they can't refund my credit card. JOB DONE - what a relief! Finally, did anyone in the UK notice they are using the exchange rate of £1 to $1? Boy, am I lucky! Buyers beware!
  • Hi, I'm another mug caught out by this scam. Have already had a second payment taken from my account for £80 only 10 days after last one (and no products). I have finally managed to contact company by phone and received a cancellation code. Not convinced though. I have cancelled my debit card but not sure this will stop any further withdrawals by them. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure