PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tuesday 6th September os daily thread

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Monday 5th September. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all!

brrr its cold, wet dark morning.

Yet i'm up, writing down enrichments for coddy.

Not sure what i'm doing today, probably carrying in throwing out junk.
Just about to get coddy up for school, i'll let snips stay in bed till half 7.

Todays plan is still sorting out business plans and van looking so in the next fortnight we'll be ready to go out into the world.
Have to go to the market and see what goodies i can find. Going to attempt to find cheap lemons to make cordial with.

OS - making snacks, bread, might make some kind of stew for tea tonight if it doesn't start warming up soon.
Also finishing curtains, oversuits and mkaing kitchen cupboards.

Have a good day peeps what ever you do :)

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. A bit cool this morning but the sun is up and it looks like it will be a nice day, fingers crossed!

Have more filing to do today because I didn't get it all done yesterday - some friends called round unexpectedly, and it was much nicer to sit and chat over coffee instead. Will try and get it finished this morning.

OS-wise, I'll be making a casserole for dinner and the house needs a bit of attention from a duster and a vacuum cleaner. I also might tidy up some of the tubs in the garden; some of the plants have done their best for the summer and are looking a bit sad now.

Hope you all have a good day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Kezlou and all to follow.

Pouring down here, and has been all night, looks like its set in for the day, I managed to get all my washing dry yesterday before it started, so none to do today.

DD had a fab day at college yesterday, but came home shattered there is a lot more walking involved and its a huge campus, she thinks she is going to love it though, there are 60 on her course and only three boys, which I think is a dissapointment to her :rotfl:

Dinner tonight will be pork chops, mash, corn on the cob, corgettes and broccoli, winter food :D

Today I need to do some paid for office work, and then the usual house work etc, I managed to get a mis-coat of pain on the bathroom yesterday, so thats looking better :T

OK better get on, have good days all xx

Lamewolf, good luck for your appointments today xx
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Morning Kezlou & all who cross/follow
    Yesterday was as expected, total chaos, lol.
    The kids are back today so today will be total noisy chaos.
    I'm just keeping my head down & ploughing through the piles of work in my inbox & intray, trying to prioritise & try to ignore the wailing & gnashing of teeth from the staff who can't have everything yesterday. 2 examples being, 700 A4 booklets, doublesided, double stapled with coloured covers, emailed to me at 8am yesterday & required by lunchtime today. 200 copies of a 80 page document, doublesided, double stapled & holepunched, given to me at midday & required by 3:30. These 2 jobs alone mean the machines cannot be used for anything else & I only have 2 machines.
    I sold some wool on Ebay yesterday & made £15, so things are looking up, woo hoo.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • forever_saving
    Options
    Can i pop in and say good morning?
    It's a wet and windy morning here. Girls are back at school today so i have the house to myself. Can tidy right through before i go back to work tomorrow. I have a mountain of ironing to do as i did three loads of washing yesterday and got it all dry.
    Kezlou, good luck with the van hunting. I hope it goes well.
    I hope everyone has a good day.
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Kezlou, i'm also cooking tonight: raspberry flapjacks, brown rolls and bean stew.

Hester :eek: that's mental, good luck!!

Morning all, back from my parents' and off to work in a mo :( House is full of my wet washing and half unpacked bags so much cleaning and tidyiong needs to be done tonight grrr.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Raining, very windy and cold here this morning, looks like it's set in for the day too.

DH up and off to work at stupid early o'clock. DS2 first day at Senior school today, and DS2 goes back tomorrow.

Yesterday work had periods of being really busy then would go quiet, so have no idea what's in store for us today.

Went to see Aunt last night who is very poorly with terminal cancer, not the easiest but glad I went and hope she got some comfort from different visitors.

DS1 has rugby training tonight and we need to go to Army Cadets to take his uniform back, he's had to make a choice between the two as both now on the same night. Dinner tonight will be various quick teas.

Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2011 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Morning all,
    thinking possitive today and have already made a list, vacume & dust bedrooms, clean bathroom and shower room, ironing, basic shopping and make a chinese duck type meal for dinner. I've packed hm S&O pie and hm apple pie for DH's lunch as he's still doing DD's bathroom.
    Might havs DGD, after playgroup, for the a/noon. DD2 is struggling as baby is due in 7 weeks. CANDYGIRL, I'd love to see photos of Dexter on FB, I love his name, how is SOTD doing?
    Not much on here for the last few days has sunk in much but will pull myself to pieces and Keep Calm and Carry On.
    LAMEWOLF, Hope the appointment goes well, thinking of you.
    NMLC, so sorry to hear about your Aunt. It's a vile disease.
  • jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

Grey,rainy and windy here today. Back from my night, looking forward to going to bed as no one will be making a racket outside :D. Will get up mid-day ish and choose one of my jobs on my list to do. Think I might cook a pie later from left over beef stew. Need to hoover as well. Managed to do a huge pile of ironing yesterday so at least that's done.

Big hugs to all who need one today. Have a good day all

Jan x
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning x
    We are off home today and have enjoyed my couple of days in Bath but am pleased to be going home now:T:T:T Bath is lovely but not very scooter friendly.

We have stuff to sort out at home. Really wish my life was a quiet one. I second everyone's comments re the appointments Lamewolf and wish you lots of love and luck today xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Good luck at the hospital lame wolf
    Did pack up yesterday so will do again today dont know whats going on a work as everyone is going part time only about 3 full timers left
    Dogs will be walkied in a bit as is now raining heavily and windy which they dont like
    DS broke his glasses again yesterday so £30 there and DD1 has a driving lesson so £20 there so not a nsd for me
    Dinner tonite is pork strips,mash n veg
    Hope you all have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills