Sweet trees

Options

Comments

• jenhugs
    jenhugs Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    Susiecm3 your halloween tree is fantastic. I would love to make one for a halloween party on Satruday. What did you use to stick the eyeballs in? Can you give me a run down of how you made it?
    Thanks so much.
  • susiecm3
    susiecm3 Posts: 496 Forumite
    Options
    Basically plastic cup, filled it with clay, pencil inserted then polystyrene ball on top then sprayed back [URL="[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/susiewalker3/?action=view&current=39fd8ac1.jpg][IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/susiewalker3/th_39fd8ac1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]th_39fd8ac1.jpg, I then just used cocktail sticks, i then just used some of that spider web stuff you get and some cake flags in top, did not want to spend a fortune as it was only for kids and I knew no one would take that much notice :)
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Where does everyone buy their balls from? Thanks:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • andymandy
    andymandy Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    I got mine from Home bargains they have eyeballs and pumpkin balls
    I think they were 49p a bag
  • DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, DH and I just watched the youtube allsorts tutorial and want to make one.

Have been looking on ebay and polystyrene balls seem quite expensive. What size in mm do I need and where is a good place to get them.

Thanks.
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt
  • augustsmummy
    Options
    I bought an oasis ball from Hobbycraft, they also sell polystyrine balls. I didn't look at the measurements, but chosee the medium sized one they had in store.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No: 86 :j
  • victory
    Options
    I just went to the florist to ask if they have the polysteirine(sp) balls and they were going to charge me £7 each:eek: saw some small ones at the range but too small pack of 6 for £1 and saw some foam snowflakes, surely it must be easier to find them?
    Off to google where my nearest hobbycraft is....
  • victory
    Options
    I bought an oasis ball from Hobbycraft, they also sell polystyrine balls. I didn't look at the measurements, but chosee the medium sized one they had in store.

I can't see them online, can you help me?:D
  • susiecm3
    susiecm3 Posts: 496 Forumite
    Options
    Got my polystyrene balls from ebay £2.25 for 5 :)
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • augustsmummy
    Options
    http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/Pages/Stores/

Sorry I can't find them on line either, above is a link to the store finder. I bought mine in store.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No: 86 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport