Sweet trees

Options

Comments

• 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well not got oasis or foam yet but think I'd just cover with foil as that will stay in place quite good.
    Thanks for the tip about the oasis Giggle.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    pearsoneys wrote: »
    the Sundaes ones are they just florist foam in the middle? they may be easier for me too! x thanks in advance x
    Yes both are made the same way
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • 7roland8
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just tried with my Celebrations and I don't think I'll get the cocktail sticks through easily. Tried a bit of double sided tape and that seems to hold ok.
    dining+room+topiary.jpg

I have a small 1ft tree like this with fake apples on which I think I'll cover with foil and double sided tape - see how that works. Was going to fill with Celebrations and Werthers.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • 7roland8
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 October 2011 at 11:33AM
    Options
    Had a go last night - covered the fake tree from above with foil - stayed in place fine.
    101_7183.jpg?t=
    Then covererd the ball adn base with double-sded tape - however that didn't seem to hold the sweets too good so I put a small piece of tape on the reverse of each sweet too - that seemed to do the trick.
    101_7185.jpg

Update - son loves the Teasers - don't think you can buy them on their own now though like we used to?
  • pepsimiddleton
    Options
    susiecm3 wrote: »
    Thank you for that, nice for you to share your knowledge, I am going to make a lolly one for Halloween for the kids, have you any tips on lollies :)

If you are making a lolly one then I probably would use a polystyrene ball to be honest and obviously the lollies are wrapped so the food safe rules don't apply. I can't think what they are called but the lollies that are pink/green like refreshers make quite good girly tree's. Chupa chups are a favourite but can be expensive but are good for boys girls and grown ups.

hope that helps x
    I find this board makes me spend more than I save!:rotfl:
  • augustsmummy
    Options
    For the lolly tree I did I used chupa chubs, it took 146 lollies :eek: - which I bought at the pound shop, so it came to £15 (bought 15 bags of 10) but if you look in poundshops after halloween there may be reduced bags of chupa chubs. edta: just realised you said in time for Halloween, so not much point looking after halloween lol.

I used dry oasis rather than polystyrene as it was easy to push the lollies in to.

For pics of my finished tree see my previous post on this thread :).
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No: 86 :j
  • pepsimiddleton
    Options
    They're not cheap are they chupa chups?! Even in the pound shop your lolly tree must have cost you over £20 including the oasis etc. Looks good though which is all that matters :)
    I find this board makes me spend more than I save!:rotfl:
  • my3girls
    my3girls Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco & asda have packs of thirty mini chupa chups for only a couple of quid :j

i've got my dowel cemented in my plant pot - just need to spray paint and get my oasis. My dad bought me rectangle oasis by mistake though, any ideas how i can utilise this?

Was thinking of doing the big trees with full size lollies and then doing hanging pomander style decorations with the mini chupachups and smaller oasis

Will post pics once done :-D

Jenni
    x
  • susiecm3
    susiecm3 Posts: 496 Forumite
    Options
    Well I done my first one last night for halloween, I just used a plastic cup as it was just a quick one for my beavers last night :)

It took 2 packs of eyeballs from Sainsburys and 1 pack which were smaller from asda= £4 so bargain tree :)

th_fcb08bdb.jpg
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Options
    I'd really like to try a lollipop one, have found the oasis balls on Ebay but not sure what size in cm to try - what size does everyone else use?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure