🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sweet trees

Options

Comments

• SamanthaJane09
    Options
    I got my polystyrene balls from dainty supply's. they where £1.40. I am making these for my little girls christening but need some ideas so far I have a lolly tree, marshmallow tree, haribo tree & freddo tree can anyone help? Thankyou x
  • Umpa_Lumpa_2
    Options
    Hi I am looking at starting to make sweet trees and maybe sending them in the post. does anyone have any ideas as to what packaging would be best to do this?
  • Denyze
    Denyze Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 March 2013 at 6:48PM
    Options
    This is where I looked to find out how to make sweet trees.......craftybugs.co.uk
    I've bought my dowel from b & q @ £1.49 except it's from the Richard Burbidge range, size is 15mm x 900mm, this gives me 3 pieces once cut...poly balls were from cuddly buddly online, cello wrap, acrylic paint & plaster of Paris were bought from The Range, all I've got to decide is whether to use tin pots or flower pots for the base...planning on making one for my son first to see how I do. 12cm ball is 75p at cuddly buddly.
  • natalie85h
    Options
    I been making trees for a few weeks now, I've done Coconut Mushrooms, Ferrero Rochers, Cream Eggs, Cadbury caramel eggs, Winegums, Liquorice Allsorts, Marshmallows, etc ... but using glue guns or cocktail sticks ... but now im stuck ...

Im having an absolute 'mare with Haribo Tangtastics, any ideas on how to stick them without cocktail sticks? Ive tried Royal Icing as I was told its better than edible glue but it didn't work, tried putting it in the fridge but still didn't work. I can't use cocktail sticks because one of the trees is for a 2 year old so really need abit of help with what to do?

I've seen a few posts about cheap places to buy Sweet Tree stuff from I get my dowel from Terry Howells, 15mm X 7ft and its £1.75! I make about 7/8 Trees out of it depending on height. Also I get 12cm Clay Terracotta Pots From Homebase at 49p each these are for my large trees and just put abit of ribbon around the top with a bow but for smaller pots I've just bought plastic silver beakers from Home Bargains 99p for 8, can't get cheaper than that :) Cellophane is mega cheap on Ebay... the only thing im having trouble finding cheap is Pull Bows to decorate my wrapped trees with if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know :)

I've picked up loads of hints & tips reading this Forum so Thanks everyone for your ideas :)
  • *debbie*
    *debbie* Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    Pull bows are really simple to make, my Mum in law taught me but I'm sure there are tutorials on YouTube. You just need some wide ribbon, this can also be used for the top of the pots, Ebay sells a wide selection. If I can do them, they really must be easy!
  • jaffacat_2
    jaffacat_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

If I make these to sell what sort of insurance would I need?

Also, how do you get a heath certificate and is it necessary?

Thanks in advance Lisa
  • jollymummy
    jollymummy Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    I must have a go at these they look fab.
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    I have just started making these and saw somewhere you could use tins (as in clean baked beans tins) as the bases, would that work? I am thinking cover it in a nice paper and bow?
  • NewLifeAhead_2
    Options
    Don't know if ts already been suggested but I was thinking of doing these as xmas presents, saves needing a pot and the plaster of paris etc -
    http://www.craftybugs.co.uk/infopage.asp?infoid=647&xgroupid=130&subxgroupid=4723
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    I have some polystyrene cones i brought for this, but not got round to doing anything with them! I thought that would make nice centre pieces too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport