Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 36

New Post Advanced Search

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 31 August 2011 at 10:44PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 79.4K views

Replies

• Been finding some really great bargains in my local Tesco (like 9 packets of sausages with 6 sausages in each pack, reduced too 30p each and some more whole chickens for 75p each)

Spent around £29 and filled quite a few carrier bags with bargains.

Hope to do the same again tomorrow night (or maybe Friday) then it will mean by the time October comes around, we won't need to stock up on hardly anything, especially where meat is concerned, we'll only need to think about bananas and maybe some more ham for sarnies at lunch and a bit more veg, ooh and not forgetting some more cat food.

Happy days..
    Matthew, Izzy, Suzie, Harry, Darwin. My husband my cats, the main things that matter in my life...
  • Another spend! H2B had to pop to the shop to get a loaf of bread last night, he can't remember how much it is so I'm going to guess at £1.30. Spends are already up to £63.71 :eek:

Sister and her fiance are stopping at our house tomorrow too so I need to get something for dinner. I found a m&s gift voucher for £5 in the house. No idea how long we've had it but it hasn't got an expiry date on it so I'm hoping to just use that for tomorrows dinner. Got that £4 off £40 spend voucher to use at Mr T's which needs to be used before the 11th I think it was. Not sure whether to use it or not as I'm struggling to find £40 worth of food we need at the moment, but I know that I will need a shop of around £25 - £30 within the next few days, so dunno whether to just spend the extra to use it. It's just not going to leave me much money for the rest of the month
    Going to get to grips with food shopping again, starting February!

Got married to my lovely hubby on 12/11/2011 :D
  • edited 7 September 2011 at 4:14PM
    SuleviaSulevia Forumite
    57 posts
    edited 7 September 2011 at 4:14PM
    Done the signature now so it includes what I have done today (started a 2nd purse at £10.00 and put £20.00 into my cash spending).

• debtfreewannabe321debtfreewannabe321 Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    £3.69 was spent here on beans, ravioli & noodles for lunches. Still going strong on the milk & bread supplies in the freezer so hopefully i won't need a proper shop until after the weekend now :)
    2015 Goals:-#1 419.26/1000 (Emergency..target #1) 41.93% , #2- 14,010.70/15,000 (new house) 93.4% :j:heartsmil #3 395.07/1000 (Rental house fund target #1) 39.5% :).
    Aim High!
    :heart2: Debt-Free in 2013. Saving for a better future :heart2:
  • TrixieBTrixieB Forumite
    704 posts
    I keep changing the way my sig is, which way round should it be?! I have the £76 odd left out of my £100 and am getting all confuddled as it never looks right
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • PuzzledbubblesPuzzledbubbles Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    another NSD for me (3 this month) although i am really tempted to say to OH we should have take away for tea but i am going to resist and put the oven on as i know we wont waste food thats already started :)

What is a second purse????
  • My partner had a job interview today! Bought a packet of chocolate bars to celebrate/recover, a bag of apples and some dog chews - £3.49 total...it all adds up far too quickly doesn't it?!:eek:
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72
    Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• pennywisepoundstupidpennywisepoundstupid Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOOHOO managed my first NSD of the month, pasta bake for tea tonight, kids are having egg sandwiches tomorrow in their packed lunches/tuna friday as i've run out of ham, trying hard to eek everything out so i don't need to do a shop until weekend, low on fruit,but have carrots and cucumber, so kids could have veggie sticks in their lunch box.

mummygems well done on the job, do you get staff discount.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

NSD today again!!!!!! :T. Mad to be so excited about not spending money :rotfl:

Cottage pie to dinner, from frozen stash added the leftovers from yesterdays stew, wizzed up a bit and potatoes are on the stove.

I do not know what I have done with my meal plan for this week so will have to check how to find my old posts as I think I put it on the mealplan thread - otherwise we may starve tomorrow:D

DS2 appears to have enjoyed his first day at the new school - DD,s turn tomorrow, really looking forward to waking her bright and early shes such a morning person :eek: (not) -

Hope your all well - off for a post read now x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • This is going to sound really daft but I read last night about the 2nd purse idea and at time thought it was a great idea. So rushed off to grab receipts and started one.
    After a bad day at work and hardly any sleep, I have now forgotten how it works and can't find where it was explained in the forum.

Please please could someone help. :o
    Jan 2012 GC £600/£78.33 Spent
    2nd Purse £20.00

:hello: