Opinions on Aberdeen!!

Options

Comments

• dwight-van-man
    Options
    I dunno - some of the prices we've been quoted, it doesn't seem that far from the truth!!
    Number 86 - Stole a car from a one legged woman... I'm just trying to be a better person
  • Aurora_emma
    Options
    Aberdeen area is somewhere we would like to consider buying in the future too, sadly i think the prices are just going to get worse. :(

Lots to do for kids in Aberdeen on https://www.netmums.com/aberdeen though :)
    LMB: 2005 and got rid of £80k debt in 4 years (including getting mortgage down to 38k)
    Mortgage: 09/10: Now back up to £68k
    Ivy CC: 09/10 £5k
    Quidco:
    09/10: £2212.74 (since March 06)
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Thought about buying a new house ?Fixed prices
    travelover
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    twink wrote:
    rowies surely scruffy :D my ds1 lives at ellon, loads of houses going up there and a good road into aberdeen
    A good road? From Ellon? I think not
    travelover
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    thought a good bit of it was dual carraigeway and a corner has been taken off recently
  • Aberdeen_Taff
    Options
    Hey DVM,

Any joy onm the house front yet? Fingers crossed you're onto something!!
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A good road? From Ellon? I think not

I must admit, I did chuckle at that one. ;)
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • Beancounter
    Options
    twink wrote:
    thought a good bit of it was dual carraigeway and a corner has been taken off recently

Only DC until Balmedie (not even half way to Ellon). The corner you are thinking of will be the Hatton Bends much further up the road (past Hatton funnily enough:D )
  • Beancounter
    Options
    Tojo_Ralph wrote:
    I must admit, I did chuckle at that one. ;)

Me too....used to live up that way, journey into Aberdeen each morning was a nightmare, 20mph all the way if you were lucky!
  • dwight-van-man
    Options
    Hi all! Managed to get a house - just in time since I start work in four weeks.... After losing out on two places closing a week past friday, we saw a new place on the aspc site over the weekend and since we were going on holiday last week, thought we would chance our arm and stick an offer in on Monday. They accepted it, we surveyed they place Tuesday and the solicitor concluded missives on wednesday. Now all we need to do is view it...... Its on Leslie Road, so if anyone knows any reason not to buy there, please don't tell me!!
    Number 86 - Stole a car from a one legged woman... I'm just trying to be a better person
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure