We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

No Debt, No Beer

1…1617182022

Comments

  • Thanks guys for the support :)

    Just had to pay off the tax credits over payment from last year, so that's £254.04 less I have to put towards the debts this month :mad:

    Oh well, at least I don't have to go through the pain of filling in the renewal each year anymore!
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • I've done the maths and it's set that I'll be debt free on my November payday (21st November).

    I could essentially have been debt free slightly before then, but I want the final payment for my loan to come out via Direct Debit to avoid any early repayment charges!
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • August 11 balance was: -£18,875.00
    September 11 balance was: -£18,560.22
    October 11 balance was: -£18,375.98
    November 11 balance was: -£16,570.76
    December 11 balance was: -£13,353.26
    January 12 balance was: -£12,110.10
    February 12 balance was: -£11,262.81
    March 12 balance was: -£10,601.67
    April 12 balance was: -£9,542.58
    May 12 balance was: -£7,927.74
    June 12 balance was: -£4,974.51
    July 12 balance was: -£3,967.39
    August 12 balance was: -£2,927.70
    September 12 balance was: - £1,494.55

    October 12 balance is - £578.72!

    Total of £915.83 paid off this month!


    A month today I will be debt free :)
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • Wow you've done so well. I keep having knock backs so I'm feeling slightly deflated. I love reading you're diary though to keep me inspired!
    DEBT TOTAL: £7609.44
  • Thanks Squidge - one week today I should be completely debt free :)
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • Thats exciting stuff! You've done really well. Must be such a relief!
    DEBT TOTAL: £7609.44
  • August 11 balance was: -£18,875.00
    September 11 balance was: -£18,560.22
    October 11 balance was: -£18,375.98
    November 11 balance was: -£16,570.76
    December 11 balance was: -£13,353.26
    January 12 balance was: -£12,110.10
    February 12 balance was: -£11,262.81
    March 12 balance was: -£10,601.67
    April 12 balance was: -£9,542.58
    May 12 balance was: -£7,927.74
    June 12 balance was: -£4,974.51
    July 12 balance was: -£3,967.39
    August 12 balance was: -£2,927.70
    September 12 balance was: -£1,494.55
    October 12 balance was -£578.72!

    November 12 balance is £0

    I'm officially debt free! :T
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • I'm officially debt free! :T

    Congratulations. What are the plans from here? Build up an emergency fund or something I assume?
  • Save!

    Emergency fund, house deposit, general savings :)
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • marathonic
    marathonic Posts: 1,797
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Save!

    Emergency fund, house deposit, general savings :)

    Good plan. Looking at your original statement of affairs, I'd increase the entertainment budget and the clothing budget a little.

    Then I'd open a First Direct account, use their switching service, get my £125 bonus for switching and then open up a regular savings account for myself at 8% gross. They only allow £300 per month into this so you could consider this your short term emergency savings fund and use an ISA for your house deposit savings.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.