Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

edited 13 December 2017 at 12:27PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
2.1K replies 1M views

Replies

• Hello :j
    Not ebay but i sold some rocks out of our backgarden by putting a notice up in the newsagents window. When we moved into our new house and reorganised the garden. i never thought they would go but the people who brought them were so happy with them, it took three trips in thier old car as they weighed so much it nearly broke the car!!!! :eek: We made £30!!!!

Having fun reading this thread it's very imformative, just trying to figure out if it's worth selling my ex-husbands def leppard records next!!!!!

Snoopy xx
    Chaos is Life, Life is chaos. Control is an illusion :cool:

Proud To Be Dealings With My Debts :j
  • tesuhohatesuhoha Forumite
    18K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent actually sold this yet but I've got a solid gold watch that my mother bought me for my 21st birthday. It hasnt worked for 26 years because my nephew dropped it into a cup of tea and did not tell me until it was rusted inside. Before that it was valued at £300 and that was about 29 years ago. I am thinking of selling it but havent a clue whether it would sell or what it would fetch. Its a solid 9 carat watch case and a solid 9 carat bracelet. its very heavy. What do you think? I think my mum would understand that we are deep in debt and need the money.

The only very scary thing is that since we moved I cant find it anywhere:eek:
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's jewellery of significant value, I would consider getting it valued properly first.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Snoopy_and_woodstock - yes, the records will probably sell by def leppard as they have quite a following, I usually co-incide items by bands with a tour, album release or something siginificant for them, there are more people looking for the bands stuff at this time. I have sold a lot of rock n roll memorabilia, autographs, photographs, vinyl etc and this is the best time to sell it. People even buy used ticked stubbs from concerts, although I cant bring myself to sell these.
    Can you tell I am an ebay addict?
  • HobschHobsch Forumite
    613 Posts
    Glasses - the spectacle sort.
    I had a pair I put on ebay about 6 months ago thinking might get a couple of quid and they sold for £25. Not a fancy make - just Specsavers own but a lot of interest in the prescription - odd I thought as this cant be of much use to many. Anyway put another pair of old ones on - sold for £18 and recently a third pair for £21. Seems to be interest if fairly strong prescriptions - very odd but good for any specs wearers with old no longer used glasses.
    Total Debt now £22,525.07 Start Debt £32,732.36
    £10207.29 OF DEBT PAID OFF:j 31.18%
  • tesuhoha wrote:
    I havent actually sold this yet but I've got a solid gold watch that my mother bought me for my 21st birthday. It hasnt worked for 26 years because my nephew dropped it into a cup of tea and did not tell me until it was rusted inside. Before that it was valued at £300 and that was about 29 years ago. I am thinking of selling it but havent a clue whether it would sell or what it would fetch. Its a solid 9 carat watch case and a solid 9 carat bracelet. its very heavy. What do you think? I think my mum would understand that we are deep in debt and need the money.

The only very scary thing is that since we moved I cant find it anywhere:eek:

Gold was at its highest price a couple of months ago, not sure about now so I would definately take it to a good jewelry shop and have it valued first.
  • mh1923 wrote:
    Used carrier bags? Who in the world would buy used carrier bags?

My dad's local record shop is mentioned in an Oasis song, and when he buys something he keeps hold of the bag for me. Also, when you buy merchandise at gigs, they often put your t-shirt or whatever in a bag with the band's name and logo on them - they go down a treat on eBay.

I used to work for someone who was on the board of another fashion house and wish I'd asked him for all the empty bags he left lying around in his office now...
    I joined the 21k debt free in 2 years head to head challenge 12 December 06
    Started at £20,170.01 December 06
    Currently...£4,687.21
  • mountainofdebtmountainofdebt Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well mum was going to throw out a pair of 1970's sandals that she'd only worn once but I managed to sell them on ebay for a tenner.

Now if magic 8 balls are selling, there's one just collecting dust in the son's bedroom.........
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • Spendaholic_ChickSpendaholic_Chick Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    See, now I'd LOVE a magic8 ball, so you'd have a buyer straight away!
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • Hiya, I sold an emply bottle and tin of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique perfume for £5 this time last year! This thread reminded me that I again have an empty bottle just the same to sell!!

Also, this Thursday, 11th January is a 10p listing day!!!
    Even more money to be saved/made!

Mo x
    Debt Free Wannabe Nerd #245
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides