We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• lulalolly
    Options
    Thanks for your replies iv got some more questions (sorry!!) . firstly do i put orders in as and when i get them and then they are all delivered together, or do i wait til iv got all orders and put them in at once??
    Also iv got a couple of orders from f+f and have been looking at the previous brochure and they wud've got a better deal sooooooooo can i back order them for the cheaper price/better deal?? Or is that a bit naughty?
    marsdencuckoo, im guessing i was in ur patch today when i went to a christening at st bartholomews church in marsden? Saw an avon book on sum1s doorstep and remembered ud answered my question on here lol, small world!
    Thankyou for all ur help so far, u guys are lovely!
    x
    Virgin - £0 :j, HSBC overdraft £630 - ??% AER, Barclays - £4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - £1500 - 0% APR
    TOTAL - £6657
  • Money_maker
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you input your orders bit by bit or do them all at once as long as you don't push the send to avon button until you have every item you want on your order.

Personally, I do all my orders together. I sit down with both brochures and the HT mags and check out the cheapest source for each item then put my order on. I print off a copy of my order with prices then go through each of my orders manually checking quantities and prices to make sure I haven't missed off anything. Only when 100% sure of no more orders will I add on stationary (books, bags if required, brochure bags etc.) and hit the send to avon button.

But yes, yes, always order from the previous brochure if it is cheaper. The little bit extra is a little bit more profit for you.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Money_maker
    Options
    Muffin86 wrote: »
    Hi - me again!!! I know there is a thread on here re using facebook to promote your buisness. Once official I hope to do the same, I just wanted to check whether I should do a profile, group, or a page the people need to 'like' I know that it has been suggested to do a profile so you can add people, however while browsing facebook this evening I have come across some buisnesses who have received 7 - 14 day bans from adding people. I wonder if anyone on here as experienced this? There doesn't seem to be a clear reason as to why facebook is putting a ban on these adds, but it seems its either someone has reported them or the buisnesses are adding too many people in a short space of time? Thanks xx

Hi Muffin, no idea here but Lozza is our facebook champ and should be able to answer when next on.

Good luck for wednesday.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    lulalolly wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies iv got some more questions (sorry!!) . firstly do i put orders in as and when i get them and then they are all delivered together, or do i wait til iv got all orders and put them in at once??
    Also iv got a couple of orders from f+f and have been looking at the previous brochure and they wud've got a better deal sooooooooo can i back order them for the cheaper price/better deal?? Or is that a bit naughty?
    marsdencuckoo, im guessing i was in ur patch today when i went to a christening at st bartholomews church in marsden? Saw an avon book on sum1s doorstep and remembered ud answered my question on here lol, small world!
    Thankyou for all ur help so far, u guys are lovely!
    x

Haha, yes, small world indeed - that's if it's the same Marsden i.e. on the edge of the Yorkshire moors? Bet it's chilly there at the mo! Brrrr..... Interesting little town, home of the Luddites/where the Industrial Revolution first began.

Pretty sure your queries have already been answered but yes, just save your orders on your system as/when you like and then 'Submit' your order to Avon once per campaign when you know you have ordered everything. (And, deffo YES - Creative Ordering/getting the best deals irrespective of which books the customers order from is half the fun! ;) )

Enjoy!
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • lulalolly
    Options
    Brilliant thankyou, I'm getting the hang of this!!! I won't be so cocky when I go asking for my books back n find theyve all been given to little un to cut up, used under a wobbly table leg or used has hamster bedding!!!
    It was indeed that Marsden, n it was blumming freezing!! I'm not actually from marsden myself, a nearby village...famous for the leadboilers us i think lol, i will be impressed if you can guess.
    thankyou thankyou evry1! x
    Virgin - £0 :j, HSBC overdraft £630 - ??% AER, Barclays - £4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - £1500 - 0% APR
    TOTAL - £6657
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    lulalolly wrote: »
    Brilliant thankyou, I'm getting the hang of this!!! I won't be so cocky when I go asking for my books back n find theyve all been given to little un to cut up, used under a wobbly table leg or used has hamster bedding!!!
    It was indeed that Marsden, n it was blumming freezing!! I'm not actually from marsden myself, a nearby village...famous for the leadboilers us i think lol, i will be impressed if you can guess.
    thankyou thankyou evry1! x

:rotfl:Yes I remember the snow well (we used to live above the golf course on the old/first turnpike road), lovely views but when the sun was cracking the pavements in Huddersfield, you still needed a ganzy on in Marsden! :rotfl:

Hmm.... Linthwaite?

Deffo not 'Slawit' (Moonrakers) or Golcar (Lilies)
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Muffin86 wrote: »
    Hi - me again!!! I know there is a thread on here re using facebook to promote your buisness. Once official I hope to do the same, I just wanted to check whether I should do a profile, group, or a page the people need to 'like' I know that it has been suggested to do a profile so you can add people, however while browsing facebook this evening I have come across some buisnesses who have received 7 - 14 day bans from adding people. I wonder if anyone on here as experienced this? There doesn't seem to be a clear reason as to why facebook is putting a ban on these adds, but it seems its either someone has reported them or the buisnesses are adding too many people in a short space of time? Thanks xx

It's for adding too many people in too short a time, if they don't accept your request. If you start with people you know will, and get some to add you - friends/family/work/territory customers, then start send requesting to other local people. So long as you don't send too many requests each day it seems to be Ok, certainly I'm up to over 1000 friends, so it's not impossible lol. The bans are just to stop people using Facebook for spamming purposes.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • claregre
    Options
    Oh dear, Clare, you're not on your own re. sales having taken a dive since Christmas though.....

Totally up to you whether you actually keep your a/c open - you can be a 'Personal Rep' i.e. just order every 2nd/3rd campaign out of your Hello Tomorrow, which means you will still click into discounted products without needing to hit MOV. So long as your order is £10+ you'll get free delivery and, of course, free returns via the carrier.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks MC. Its not just since Christmas - I was expecting that - but to be honest sales have probably dropped over the whole of last year. In my biggest campaign at Christmas this year I only sold about £300, whereas last year it was over £1000.

Delivery has also started to be a bit unreliable over the past few months - it used to come before I had to leave for work, but its been later and later and me being late for work has started to be noticed! Nobody locally either who can take it for me, and ASM hasn't come up with a rep locally who could take it either. Grrr. Nearly asked the delivery man at one point if he could tell me of someone, but thought that wasn't fair on him really!!

I've got I couple of people at work who I can order off, so should be OK. Its just clearance stuff in HT I'll miss!!

Thank you, C xx
  • claregre
    Options
    lozza1985 wrote: »
    Good luck :) glad we've been able to help you, as mc says if you like Avon stuff worth just ordering for yourself from ht, as you'll still get the. Cheaper prices.

Thanks Lozza, good luck yourself! C xx
  • Afitos
    Afitos Posts: 503 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I hope it is ok to post this on here. I have been reading and thinking about doing Avon for a while now. Well today after reading this thread again I sent an email to my local sales Leader who rang me immediately and is coming round tomorrow !

My question is how many houses is manageable to start with ? She said on the phone that she could instantly see there were 120 in my area but there may be more if I want them ? I currently work 40 hours a week also. I have 2 days and a couple of evenings off, so should I go with the 120 or more to start ? Should I see if I can do it before taking on more ?

I would be really grateful for any advice :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure