~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    Hi Nicki,

Can't see why that would be frowned upon at all; well done. Just email your upliner (and copy your ASM in) exactly as you've posted here and hopefully they'll be able to help you. It's in both their interests for your Avon business to thrive and any way you can think of to help in that direction should be encouraged.

Good luck.

MC
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 February 2012 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Thanks MC. My upliner is my ASM I think. The ASM I signed up with has moved area so we were given a new ASM and I've lost track of who's group I'm in on Connects as every time I log in I seem to be have been moved again :mad:

ETA: Anyone else spotted the article about the Mothers Day flyer for Campaign 5? Already they have things out of stock and asking us to choose alternatives! :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    You're very welcome, Nicki; should be nice and easy for you then. Be aware that ASMs do receive tons of emails though so it may help to put 'Please Read' at the beginning of your subject heading. ;)

If you need help verifying the contact details of your ASM, just post up a postcode somewhere in your town and we can help with that too. (Am actually heading out now - my Avon books are doing me noooo good piled up in my home.... back later but any SL will know how to do that for you.)
  • Blego
    Blego Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 February 2012 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Hi all. I posted this in the consumers area earlier on today and someone told me I would get a better response if I posted here. Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else, but it's a big ol' thread.

Good Morning all.

I'm hoping someone here can assist with a problem my girlfriend and I are having with Avon Cosmetics.

She has been selling with Avon for 9 months or so now but slowed down over the Christmas period. For the past month or so she has had numerous calls, some asking her if she needs to place an order, but more often calls asking her to pay for goods which she received, but returned as they were goods that she hadn't actually ordered. A whole box full!!

Now, sometimes when a delivery driver delivered her goods she would have a parcel for them to collect - unsold goods, returns or goods that were'nt asked for in the first place. Each time there was something to collect, when asked for proof of collection the driver would state that he couldn't offer such a thing and that it wasn't asked for him to do so. She took this as given, as they obviously knew what they were doing!!! Her Mum realised the same as she sometimes took deliveries when neither of us could be there.

Avon are now stating that they haven't received goods that were returned one of these times, which amount to £127. She has little proof as the driver wouldn't issue a collection notice, but the goods have been returned - or at least they were collected by whoever they used.

From doing a little research myself through Google it seems that my partner isn't the first to be caught out this way. For the past few weeks the phone calls have been more frequent and harassing, which has started to upset her. I've tried to contact them myself just to find out which courier they use, then maybe I could track the collection myself, but they will not give me that information.

We are honest and truthful people and have never been in a situation like this before. So what should we do? Is it a matter of just ignoring them until they go away, or could that cause further issues? Is there any proffesional type of letter we could write? Should I contact OFT or someone like that? There's little point speaking to their customer services company in Mumbai. They don't seem to care and tend to just give the same answer everytime, much like it's scripted.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give as we are both getting worried by these constant phone calls.

Also, to rub salt in the wound they are even charging extra on top for late payments!!!

Many thanks.
  • nicki_2
    Options
    Well I've sent her an email and I've made it as simple as possible for her - I've listed the reasons & the roads I want to give up with the postcodes, and then listed the roads I'd like with their postcodes :rotfl: Now I really need to go and put my books out. I was meant to do them while DD was at school but today has flown by so fast! :eek: We'll have to wrap up well, its cold and wet out there, tights and walking boots with the thermal socks on the bottom half as well as the books in a shopping trolley to minimise time spent out! :eek:
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    nicki wrote: »
    Well I've sent her an email and I've made it as simple as possible for her - I've listed the reasons & the roads I want to give up with the postcodes, and then listed the roads I'd like with their postcodes :rotfl: Now I really need to go and put my books out. I was meant to do them while DD was at school but today has flown by so fast! :eek: We'll have to wrap up well, its cold and wet out there, tights and walking boots with the thermal socks on the bottom half as well as the books in a shopping trolley to minimise time spent out! :eek:

Well done and good luck, Nicki. Hope your ASM can help you.
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    Blego wrote: »
    Hi all. I posted this in the consumers area earlier on today and someone told me I would get a better response if I posted here. Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else, but it's a big ol' thread.

Good Morning all.

I'm hoping someone here can assist with a problem my girlfriend and I are having with Avon Cosmetics.

She has been selling with Avon for 9 months or so now but slowed down over the Christmas period. For the past month or so she has had numerous calls, some asking her if she needs to place an order, but more often calls asking her to pay for goods which she received, but returned as they were goods that she hadn't actually ordered. A whole box full!!

Now, sometimes when a delivery driver delivered her goods she would have a parcel for them to collect - unsold goods, returns or goods that were'nt asked for in the first place. Each time there was something to collect, when asked for proof of collection the driver would state that he couldn't offer such a thing and that it wasn't asked for him to do so. She took this as given, as they obviously knew what they were doing!!! Her Mum realised the same as she sometimes took deliveries when neither of us could be there.

Avon are now stating that they haven't received goods that were returned one of these times, which amount to £127. She has little proof as the driver wouldn't issue a collection notice, but the goods have been returned - or at least they were collected by whoever they used.

From doing a little research myself through Google it seems that my partner isn't the first to be caught out this way. For the past few weeks the phone calls have been more frequent and harassing, which has started to upset her. I've tried to contact them myself just to find out which courier they use, then maybe I could track the collection myself, but they will not give me that information.

We are honest and truthful people and have never been in a situation like this before. So what should we do? Is it a matter of just ignoring them until they go away, or could that cause further issues? Is there any proffesional type of letter we could write? Should I contact OFT or someone like that? There's little point speaking to their customer services company in Mumbai. They don't seem to care and tend to just give the same answer everytime, much like it's scripted.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give as we are both getting worried by these constant phone calls.

Also, to rub salt in the wound they are even charging extra on top for late payments!!!

Many thanks.

Definitely not an easy one (I did try and reply earlier but had problems posting....)

Essentially:

1. Seems like your g/f did not receive adequate training from her upliner, which is a bit of a 'defence' but not much - all instructions are on her website and she will have received full written instructions with her next invoice, listing the items to be returned for credit and clearly stating 'ensure the driver signs your copy of the returns form and keep this as your proof of return'.
    2. It's definitely a rep's responsibility to provide a returns form/book for the carrier to sign. This is your receipt to prove you have handed the goods across.
    3. DO NOT IGNORE THIS - Avon add late payments as a first step before they put the debt out to a Collection Agency. (If that happens it will affect your credit rating.)

Appreciate that is not much help to you at the mo but I just wanted to post something up in reply to your problem. Avon are not trying to rip you off - honestly - all reps are self-employed and, as such, responsible for the management of their own Avon business and that includes checking monies/goods in/out. On your g/f website she will be able to track all the orders placed and returns submitted. PM me with a contact tel. no. if you like and I'll try and help with a few pointers. Your main problem though is that some people do actually lie about having returned items to Avon for credit and that is what you are up against i.e. to prove you are not one of them.

Hope this helps in some way; do know where you are coming from because I've had a little experience of trying to resolve a similar situation with someone, who wanted to be a rep again. They were adamant they didn't owe any money when they ceased being a rep previously but Avon stuck to their guns, no proof, no credit. Be prepared, you may have to come to some payment arrangement with Avon to resolve this - so it could be an expensive mistake.:(
  • nicki_2
    Options
    Well done and good luck, Nicki. Hope your ASM can help you.

Well it was semi successful. She rang me to check what I'd said & informed me that some of the roads I said were mine weren't according to the system! Oh well, that was sorted out quite easily. Then the roads I wanted to do are partly being covered by a new rep who hasn't put an order through yet (missed the last one due to being ill), so I've been given some of them, but not all.:rotfl: I said I'd take them on but not cover them this time, until she can contact the other rep and see whether they're leaving or not.

I said I'd be happy to try any roads as long as they were pretty local to up my income, she then suggested I might like to become a SL or do parties. Neither of which are right for me just now but I said its something I would consider in a few years. I'd rather just stick with being a rep and having lots of streets :)
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear you've had partial success - always worth asking, if you don't ask you don't get! :)
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Money_maker
    Options
    but only if your average sales warrant the extra territory.

MC, just taken this little snippet from one of your responses. Is there a set amount of average sales required to obtain further territory or would a SL just look at the sales in relation to the rest of the team? What does a SL call 'good' sales (rather than from a reps POV)?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport