~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    cheerio14 wrote: »
    Hi - this is a really great thread! I've just signed up with Avon and been allocated my territory but most of it is flats (I live in a very flat heavy area) - How do you deal with flats which have shared front doors or you don't have access to individual mailboxes? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :-)

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that flats have access for post in the morning (whether you have to press a buzzer or not I'm not 100% sure), but could be worth having a look to see. If they have shared front doors you could always pop a few flyers through asking people to contact you if they want an avon brochure delivering.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • lozza1985
    Options
    MrsGSR wrote: »
    Hi there, just started back on my rounds after having my little boy 3 weeks ago!
    Already I am annoyed. Ordered camp4 books through my ASM before christmas, ordered some camp 5 books last camp and they sent me camp4 again! So I called them up and they said yep we can do an exchange. They arrived yesterday, I didn't even hear a knock at the door and the box had been hurled over the backgate and landed in the snow so the books were soaking wet! I called my ASM and left her a message, she called back saying she would bring me some new books over today but couldn't give me a time so I have stayed in ALL DAY and she hasn't come!
    Great start back eh? really keeping my faith in Avon here and if it wasn't for my lovely customers I would jack it in cos I have had enough of them messing up all the time (granted it wasn't Avons fault the delivery driver threw the box over the fence!)

Congrats on your little boy :beer:

Hopefully you've had your books from your asm now / or heard from her - if not, I'd complain and point out without them you won't be able to start again so you need them to help her.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • lozza1985
    Options
    kjgkgj wrote: »
    Right I have done it, I have completed the form to re-sign up as a rep again and the sales leader is coming to see me on Sunday to get me all signed up.

I am getting quite excited about doing it again, love going and collecting the books to see what orders you have got. But I am quite a shy person, so I am not looking forward to dropping all the books off etc. I might have to do it one night when it is dark for the first drop lol!!

Aww great news :D Don't worry about dropping the books off, you might get the odd person who makes a point of saying they don't want a book again - but if you're super nice have a big smile and say ok thanks for letting me know, they usually look a bit sheepish in my experience :rotfl:
  • dean72
    dean72 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    have not been on for a while and spent passed two days catching up on this thread as the is weathers bad.
    I started with Avon last august as a rep and week later sales leader.
    made advance campaign 17 with 3 sales leaders on board up and running but lost it in one as two sales leaders left (debt) so building up again I am going to make advanced sales leader in campaign 5
    and really buzzing to see what this year brings.
    I am hoping to learn how to prospect online most of mine is spending 2-3 hours on one high street then moving to another until:rotfl: I have got 5 leads a day I really only expect to sign one up
    going up to newcastle to the seminar hoping to learn alot more.
    the funny thing about Avon that I have found is i have learnt alot more from this site (rather then connects)

so a very BIG THANKYOU to you all.
    "It is your decisions, and not your conditions, that determine your destiny".
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lozza1985 wrote: »
    Congrats on your little boy :beer:

Hopefully you've had your books from your asm now / or heard from her - if not, I'd complain and point out without them you won't be able to start again so you need them to help her.

Thanks Lozza, found them on the doorstep this morning! was a bit put out I wanted in all day to take them in and she ended up leaving them on the doorstep.
    Squirrelling away in September No 33
    It's not about the money, it's about financial freedom, being in control of it and living in the natural world and not a material world
  • lozza1985
    Options
    Thanks Lozza, found them on the doorstep this morning! was a bit put out I wanted in all day to take them in and she ended up leaving them on the doorstep.

Least you got them I suppose - hope things run smoother now :)
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    Mumto2 wrote: »
    Thanks I,Geek. I managed to find it under credits, but not under replacements. It's cheaper in this catalogue, so am going to return & repurchase.
    Will use that method in future, as can see how it would come in useful ;)

Yes, as you've found you can only do replacements for your last two campaigns.

As for the bronzing pearls, it may be better ordering the Arabian Glow Gift Set (bronzing pearls, brush, 3-in-1 stylo and make-up bag)from the Mother's Day booklet @ £8 customer price in C5? ;)
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    Hi there, just started back on my rounds after having my little boy 3 weeks ago!
    Already I am annoyed. Ordered camp4 books through my ASM before christmas, ordered some camp 5 books last camp and they sent me camp4 again! So I called them up and they said yep we can do an exchange. They arrived yesterday, I didn't even hear a knock at the door and the box had been hurled over the backgate and landed in the snow so the books were soaking wet! I called my ASM and left her a message, she called back saying she would bring me some new books over today but couldn't give me a time so I have stayed in ALL DAY and she hasn't come!
    Great start back eh? really keeping my faith in Avon here and if it wasn't for my lovely customers I would jack it in cos I have had enough of them messing up all the time (granted it wasn't Avons fault the delivery driver threw the box over the fence!)

Congrats on your new baby. :T

As for the books; know the timing is prob pants for you but you ought to be able to request immediate replacements due to arriving damaged... If you lay it on thick about your customers now being let down then you may even get some freebies too. ;)

Posted slightly earlier in the thread that from approx. mid Feb, new reps will have the choice of which campaign to start in so.... might work for you i.e. don't throw yourself in a panic due to lack of books, just wait for your new ones to arrive and plan which campaign you wish to start in.

Good luck and welcome back to Avon. :j
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options

Oops, that'll teach me to read all the thread before commenting! :rotfl:

Having said that.... you could still ask Avon to replace your books as well ;)
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    cheerio14 wrote: »
    Hi - this is a really great thread! I've just signed up with Avon and been allocated my territory but most of it is flats (I live in a very flat heavy area) - How do you deal with flats which have shared front doors or you don't have access to individual mailboxes? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :-)

Check for a 'Trade' button - this normally gives access to internal mail boxes for the postmen, etc. and works until 12 noon/11 am depending on whether we're on Summer Time or not. ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback