Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done with all the decluttering Igamogam. I could do with finding a few more things to sell too.

How's your garden looking?
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have had a bit of a roller coaster busy busy couple of weeks with intermittent internet access hence haven't been lurking around here.............neither have I been checking the bank account and have just wildly paid out a couple of large bills - unexpected and necessary:( Consequently no PADs. I will be looking at on bank account later today through fingers I think.

Have also a brewing issue at work - week off now to think about it at least - I am am becoming increasingly undermined by someone and not sure how to deal with it at the moment...........any ideas anyone??
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your comment on my thread Igamogam, I really needed to hear that today. :)

As for the issue at work, who is this person who is undermining you? Your peer, superior, someone else entirely? Small bite sized efforts have worked for me before, not trying to tackle the whole issue at once but taking it one wee challenge at a time and standing your ground. Does your manager know what's going on?

Best of luck with it. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Neither a superior or equal in terms of role. Yes I think the person in charge has some inkling of what might be going on as we have a meeting on first day back. I am beginning to formulate some solutions /ideas on paper which I will refer to if necessary.........hate things like this:(
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    edited 3 June 2014 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Well spring seems to have collided into summer over the last few weeks. It doesnt seem five minutes since we where admiring the blue haze of the blue bells and drinking in that spicy smell drift in over the wall at the end of the garden. We are fortunate to back onto what I suppose you would call low moor/scrub land usually inhabited by sheep and semi wild ponies, just beyond the narrow tree belt. In spring its a carpet of English blue bells before it becomes swamped in head high bracken and the ponies and sheep retreat higher up the mountain. The weather has been kind to us I think - enough rain and sunshine to keep the garden looking good and us very busy:) Clive the cuckoo returned ( have no idea if its the same one but we have heard a cuckoo every year since moving in over 20 years ago and we have always called it Clive!) and the cats have brought us the first of the summer slow worms - I guess this side of life never changes..............

On the financial front have had a bit of a wobble. Some large unavoidable and unplanned bills have hit us in April and May. Long story short I am about £1500 adrift from where I would ideally like to be:( Looking at what is coming up,its going to take some time to recoup that and I have been feeling pretty miserable about it. Have had about £500 from Eb*y which has helped but I dont see that being a steady income stream no with all of Eb*ys changes and c*ckups - need to study it a bit further |I think when head not stuffed of other clutter! I did a 'snowball ' calculator which was just plain silly - I must have put the info in wrong as it had me paying over £102K in interest and finishing in 2084 - I laughed and then cried:o I couldnt face looking at it closely to see what I had done wrong - gave me a kick up the backside though and made me wonder if I will ever get this debt paid.......there are people on these boards with similar amounts of debt who seem to be paying it down rapidly or in some cases completely and mine just never seems to go away................:eek: I am sure I am doing all the right things.Maybe just not enough. At the moment I just cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel being anything but an express train heading right at me:(

Have had to have a good long look at my physical health too this week - not great. Couple of things have happened which has meant I need to have a bone density scan and a battery of blood tests. To this end I have being having a bit of a re assessment and re evaluation of a few things - made me feel so low that yesterday I couldn't keep awake. Feeling better today. Which is just as well as its back with the frogs tomorrow.........now where is my lid for the box;) Their troubles and travails will be a welcome distraction for a while at least!
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Uuurrggh the planned meeting with person in charge was postponed until tomorrow. They suggested we get out of the place and have meeting 'over coffee' (cant think of anything worse) I said what I have to bring to the meeting shouldn't be overheard in public.................they looked a little sheepish. Oh I hate things like this.
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Well its only 950 points to a Yo* Gov £50 payout - wonder how long that will take ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Well meeting OK but still things to discuss. I said my piece and there was some mutual ground and some meeting in the middle. Realise now I am dealing with a micro manager.....................
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hate hate hate being micro managed - sympathy for you
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Igamogam
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    I hate hate hate being micro managed - sympathy for you

Just how do you deal with them.....................:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback