Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Such ashame about your lunch, but hopefully a better time at the cinema. Enjoy.
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yep cinema was good - ages since we have been as a family so we had the works - popcorn and fizzy drinks! Crikey that stuff is expensive:eek: OK don e all the money bits today OH back at work DDs still in a slumber I may well take advantage and have a bit of quiet time - got a book to finish for book group on Friday which I am hosting so I should really make the effort!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    DD1 decided to stay and extra day :j which was lovely but not planned for so now behind with a few chores and we sneaked in an extra lunch out just the 2 of us at our favourite eatery...............dont think I will catch up either before going back to work next week - ho hum always seem to be chasing my tail!

Got to post a few Eb*y parcels and crack on with de clutter and listing more on Eb*y - taking advantage of the auto list 3 times for free - free listing rules change next month and I just want to get rid - stuff that isnt selling is going straight into Oxf*m bag at least I will get Nect*r points that way!

Really want to get into garden - had planned lots in garden this hols but dont think it will happen now. Will have to wait a week or so. Yellows and greens fading into pale blues and pinks..................

Also need to finish that book and have a good tidy up again - shouldn't take long after last weeks massive clear up/out :)

Will do some financials later too - well thats what its all about!

Okay. Onwards and upwards!
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Hmm haven't got very far today. Been a bit lazy in fact. Started to peek at the finances again and got that feeling of dread of never being able to get off the hamster wheel.........I know its going down but its just impossibly s l o w :(

Going to check a couple of lottery tickets I found whilst sifting through some old paperwork.......fingers crossed!

Food tonight is LO reheated in pobty ping and baked spuds............aga went out last night and I am feeling very lazy and cant be bothered to relight..........anyway its time it was 'put to bed' for the summer - I have seen swallow swoopy swift type birds after all this week!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the phrase 'pobty ping' although I must admit I have never heard anyone actually use it in conversation and I've spoken welsh pretty much all my life!

Good luck with the lottery tickets. You never know ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Igamogam
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    I love the phrase 'pobty ping' although I must admit I have never heard anyone actually use it in conversation and I've spoken welsh pretty much all my life!

Good luck with the lottery tickets. You never know ;)

My children use 'pobty ping' when they are taking the p... and they are the fluent speakers in this household!

Guess what - I won £25:T I put the numbers in the on line checker and it came up not a winner - almost threw the ticket away but something made me check again and I had indeed put 35 in instead of 34 re submitted and up it came with a £25 win:rotfl:
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the lottery win! :j

My garden is blooming very early - clematis and snowball are already out and Wysteria is just 'unfolding' - all a month early.

pobty ping..what is this word? Please feel free to educate :D
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    Well done on the lottery win! :j

My garden is blooming very early - clematis and snowball are already out and Wysteria is just 'unfolding' - all a month early.

pobty ping..what is this word? Please feel free to educate :D

I think its pretty much a made up word for microwave oven. Although Pobty does mean oven. Ping - self explanatory:rotfl:
  • Igamogam
    edited 24 April 2014 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Just been tiding up the CCs by paying off the pennies ( I like to see whole numbers :)) and I noticed quite by accident that B'Card 0% deal had been rescinded - I made a more than minimum payment as normal but for some reason it took longer to go through than usual and missed the due day by 1 day. I fully expected the £12 fee:mad: but thought as this is the first time and I have been a long loyal and 'valued' customer the deal would stay the same.............of course I forgot these things are not managed by humans and of the course the computer said 'no'. I rattled of an email in the wee small hours to the Indian subcontinent and lo and behold Rupendra recognises I am a valued customer and the deal has been reinstated with a £12 refund:D yes I did breach the T&Cs but its always worth a letter/phone call/email to point out that they have been possibly a little hasty...................... part of the balance 0% deal finishes next week and I will be swooshing it over onto another............but they dont know that;)

Bright and sunny this morning but motivation is a bit lacking - found out about an hour ago OH not in work today which sort of throws plans out of the window although I suspect he has chosen to swap day off as its a perfect day to take part in his extreme sport of choice so he wont be round for most of day:o
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Whilst DD2 at gym I flew into Tesc* to do top up shop and cash in my lottery winnings...........shop came to £24.17 so I paid in cash and change came out as all the coins I put into saving pots:rotfl: felt like it was a 'free' shop !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback