Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Much slower yesterday due to the cold wet weather :( Did b&gger all really :eek: Today much better though but had to work!

Enjoy the hols and lack of commute :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The frogs are revolting..............they so dont want 2 weeks plus away from predictability and routine:( In fact they have temporarily become limpets. Roll on Friday really looking forward to the break
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    The holidays start now:j Dont have to back in front of the frogs until 30th April. Lots to do and plenty planned plus we are a GCSE revision household this year :(. Going to try really hard to clear out our sheds and outhouses this holiday and get as much sold as possible. Had a note pushed through letter box from a near neighbour that they have a skip until the weekend with room in it so no excuses!
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    First day of hols and body clock still says get up at silly o'clock - bleurgh. Been awake for over an hour already. Not putting time to waste though:)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Well after a promising start I didnt get very far other than read the local daily paper from cover to cover ( a luxury and amazing to find out what is going on locally!) Did 2 loads of washing hung out to dry in the lovely sunshine which I took full advantage of and enjoyed rather than miss it totally. All the plans and chores will still be here tomorrow and I have a feeling I will be up early again:)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Completely off plan now..............:mad: Started a number of 'projects' all for the end goal but I am quickly getting bored by one then moving on and then getting distracted and moving again....................have got evening dinner in slow cooker and house to self today so I am a bit organised and no excuse to be distracted. Will just have to keep plodding - first mistake was to sort books - a dusty job and I feel the need to flick through each one of them. Anyway one huge pile of books to go - giving them away and I found a money box behind some books that was full of my '50p with pictures' collection - £31 in there plus a now very rare one which is selling on Eb*y for silly money - not all bad then;)

Uh Oh - gardening looking inviting so I am going out there for a bit!
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Finally emptied what we call an office ( dumping ground) into the living room so I can sort out all the carp that has accumulated.Filled the paper recycle box for collection tomorrow and burnt on log burner another heap of paper - the stuff that would be shredded if we had one! Have a large bag of books going on freecycle and another bin bag of stuff ready to go to CS. Also filled large office bin with junk and have a large box of stuff to take to work. Beginning to see space on shelves now although there is still a lot of stuff in L room and have two 4 drawer and one 2 drawer filing cabinet to deal with :( Too tired to do anything about it now. Will leave it until tomorrow and have a dust everywhere and a vacuum - may even clean the windows and wash the curtains!!
  • Rollercoaster_Rach
    Options
    Like me, you are on a clutter clearing mission! Really got me down today but will be more focused tomorrow xxx
    £2 Savers Club 2014 £54 £20 Jan £14 Feb Mar£8 April £14[
    LBM FEB 2013 32,000 total.
    May 2014 Mum 1500/3000 MB CC 8,043
    BC1 1,900 BC2 5,551 TES 4,896 Nationwide 5,490
    Overdraft 3000 Total debt Feb 2014
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Like me, you are on a clutter clearing mission! Really got me down today but will be more focused tomorrow xxx

Bit of a double edged sword............the clutter is getting me down and then the taking action is! I think hanging on to things 'that might be useful' is a primary teacher's curse :rotfl: Also I do have an aversion to just throwing into the wheelie bin and therefore into landfill, things that could be passed on reused, sold etc etc. But I am getting better in that I am being more ruthless - the wheelie bin isn't any fuller but the CS and local recycle centre is being regularly restocked;) Also have had a few nice sales on Eb*y:T

I am determined I will not turn into the 'hoarder next door:eek:'
  • Igamogam
    Options
    I am my own worse enemy.....................:mad: In an effort to rid myself of my inner 'hoarder' I have head full pelt into the clutter and collected carp, determined that this will not defeat me and I will get it done sorted and gone this Easter break...well the vast majority of it. Think I have scared myself by watching a couple of episodes of the Hoarder next Door' I am not daunted by the task in hand but I really should have planned..............too many starts and not enough completions although things are leaving by the front an back door.
    I have to admit I am now feeling a little overwhelmed and really should have made a plan of action before I started. I really thought it would be a breeze.
    The office is now in the living room with a pile of stuff sorted to go - found a box of 20 VHS tapes with BBc schools programmes on. Must have been there since the 1990's:eek: Some bits of living room are in the dining room waiting to be sorted - old chest of drawers OH has been meaning to deal with since just after Christmas ( chop up for fire wood ) and sort the contents - a million chargers and audio tapes as far as I can see. Plus all my work stuff I dumped in there when I finished for hols last week. To cap it all DD1 just text to say she is home for the weekend - her room has become my unofficial Eb*y room so that will have to dealt with:eek: and silly me has been emptying the conservatory into the garden to get that lot sorted.................cant even bring myself to think about the 3 out of 7 sheds we said we would sort this Easter:(

Just came on here to calm down a little as I can feel panic rising!
    When I look at what is really just 'stuff' I feel _pale_

3 good things:

1. I started and order from AF and although I had well over £80 worth of food for about £25 and then I thought I dont really need this stuff we have plenty of 'dry goods' that need using up I am just buying for the sake of it - a bargain will be there another time when I need it! So I cancelled it.
    2. I am 1000 points off getting my £50 from You G*V and 15p from getting £20 from another survey site - bet they dont send me another for 6 months now:rotfl:
    3. Cant think of the third but there was one!

Right back at it now..................... may have to stay up al night:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback