Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options
1150151152153154156»

Comments

• astrocytic_kitten
    Options
    Good to hear from you @Igamogam and I’m glad you’re doing ok. Deckchairs, blankets, fish and chips and G&Ts on the beach sounds lovely! 
    Debt at LBM (Dec 2018): £23,167
    Debt free Feb 2021
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great to hear you’re all safe and well and even thriving! We are also good and a new puppy (from up near Machynlleth:)) has given us lots of reasons to be out and about and focussed on his training. Also and the brood back for Christmas which was super quiet but lovely. Happy New Year and all the very best for 2021 xx
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just dropped in really.....trying to get inspiration to get the spreadsheet going for 2021. Only just starting it now as today is the first day that I have been out for a proper shop since Christmas - we have been surviving and enjoying eating up all the goodies. But the fridge looked rather sad so had to give in and start 2021 budget again......cant find the motivation though. Have a few things going on in RL - nothing bad just demanding of my time and I am procrastinating between the RL stuff and the doing a spreadsheet stuff!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    edited 18 June 2021 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Yikes.........4 months almost! Still here hail and hearty :):) Studies and life in general keeping me busy. Debt still in decline which the the most important thing not least helped along with almost 1K on "bay" sales. We are all well and adjusting to new ways of working and going about our daily lives. I feel optimistic and hope we, as in humankind, dont go back to the "old ways". It was clearly unhealthy and unsustainable. However there is a tiny bit of doubt that creeps in every now and then that we are not listening.............:(

I may be back in 4 months or sooner.
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Not so great at this posting thing these days! It is not that RL is that busy but it does crowd in and in all honesty I spend time doing other things that interest me more. The original reason why I landed here is still there but is under control and is ever decreasing......possibly not at quickly as I would like but its a downward, always over paid trajectory so I am happy. I feel there maybe some challenges ahead just beginning to pop up on the horizon but they have been in my sight for a while now and as I no longer put my head in the sand,I feel positive that plans will come together. :smile:
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Long loooong time away!
    No reason other than RL is more important and if truth be known although  I am still working at the debt and running it down and not increasing it, I no longer worry about it. It is what it is. It no longer controls me or what I want to do :) I am fortunate enough to be mortgage free and have a job, I do know that, but life and its various curve balls it has sent my way since the last time I was here is far more important!
    I am really back here out of curiosity to see how dedicated posters of the diaries I have been following have been getting. I will take a look and read and be inspired but posting here will continue to be ad hoc.
    I am now in full blown early retirement planning mode............interesting times ahead......make take 2 years!
  • Igamogam
    edited 10 September 2022 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Oh dear..........long time away again.RL has been interesting :smile: I am certainly not the same person I was when I began this ramble. Technically debt free now....so that is a plus.

• Igamogam
    Options
    Took me a while to find this again. Not very good at updating. So much happening in RL. Trying to work out how to get a Debt Free badge. will have a mooch around the diaries and see who is stilla round!
  • Flying_By
    Options
    Igamogam, lovely to see you posting and happy for you that your debt is gone - huge congratulations!
    I've been following various diaries over the years but only been dropping in and out more recently.  Hoping life is going well for you and yours x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback