Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you and the family are OK, Ig xxxx
    Still here! We are well and healthy and eating.... and then trying to exercise it off! New found lost love of baking and cooking but it is like feeding an army!  Lovin zoom meetings - both professional ones and social ones. Frustrations come and go but we have a lot to be grateful for :) Life has taken on a new rhythm and I think this might be the new  normal for sometime.....
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yay!!! So glad you’re so positive, keep it up!! :) 

much love 

Brizzle xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Wonderful post, glad to hear you are well and sorry to hear about your friends husband, very sad indeed.
    Agree about the ridiculous queues, was quite cross when I saw a picture of long queues outside a certain sports shop, people either have short memories or just don't care about the ethics of some companies.
    Well done paying off the CC xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Wonderful post, glad to hear you are well and sorry to hear about your friends husband, very sad indeed.
    Agree about the ridiculous queues, was quite cross when I saw a picture of long queues outside a certain sports shop, people either have short memories or just don't care about the ethics of some companies.
    Well done paying off the CC xx
    Thanks Pennywise :)
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Is it October? Feels like it looking out of rain streaked windows and the cloud base so low cant see beyond the end of the garden. Had planned a river swim today even in the rain but it is not looking appealing now..... maybe a blustery walk on the beach while we still have it to ourselves :)
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yep chilly here too. Hoping weather next week is nicer 
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Wowzers....almost 2 months away. Not sure where time goes these days. Still here. Still debt busting. Making changes and facing new challenges. Have fallen back in love with Eb*y.............strange times indeed ;)
  • Igamogam
    edited 19 December 2020 at 3:30PM
    Options
    And once more.........Wowzers! I think I made an subconscious decision to stay away from MSE. I was beginning to find other peoples stories too depressing and burdensome as I had no real  support or advice to offer. Sounds really selfish but I have been moving to looking after, commenting on and supporting what is important to me and mine for a while now. I decided that if I could remember my password then I would post but if I couldn't , then the universe was telling me something!
    My last post came just as I went back to work after 6 months of WFH. It has been a strange old time. Due to the nature of the work there is very little social distancing. No mask wearing but a lot of hand washing, cleaning, sanitising, open windows and working outdoors as much as possible. We decided we cannot do our work effectively in any other way. We mitigate the risk. We all ended the term fit and healthy :)
    My experience of 2020 so far is that we have carried on with little restriction on what we did before and by that I mean restrictions imposed have not really affected us. OH and I are fortunate we are in key roles. We are no longer huge consumers. We live in a rural area. We don't have elderly relatives to care for and worry about. We have our health - underlying conditions are  largely self managed and don't impact on what we want to do. We have 'discovered' new interests and we have embraced technology and kept to rules when meeting with friends - deck chairs on the sea front wrapped up in blankets on a dark November evening, eating fish and chips and drinking G and T so we could meet up in a group of 6 friends has been a highlight!!!
    I have dived back into academia and taken up a post grad course  - all online, and have been asked to do a piece of research through work  related to the current situation that will feed into a larger piece of work. So the brain cells are being exercised :) At the start of the pandemic I had just started volunteering with a mental health charity providing face to face support. Still doing this but it is now all on the phone - different skill set had to be quickly learnt
    HOWEVER all that said... although our life raft is still afloat it hasn't been without some bailing! We were 5 adults for about 6 months and that had its moments but we have learnt more about each other and to practice daily gratitudes. DD 1 decided to cut her losses and went back to France where she worked 3 years ago. Lockdown there is very different....but she is happier there with her tribe. DD2 and her BF are still with us on and off. They picked up work locally but are now furloughed - it is working for them. For Christmas they have gone to BF parents - within the rules!
    This time last year we were on our way to the other side of the world. Christmas out of choice has always been a low key, personal affair for us but still enjoying the traditions. Last year was very liberating not doing it at all! So its just 2 of us and the cat. There is a tree up with a couple of small gifts under it. I have sent 2 cards and we have had one Christmas dinner already! I am looking to catching up on reading. OH is still WFH and is only taking Christmas day off. I have an open water swim arranged for Christmas Eve and probably Boxing Day....and a 10k word essay to write
    Most importantly for me is that the debt is well under control and on track..........after all this is why I am here and yes I have used Eb*y at lot....so much easier these days. I am under no illusion that people are finding it hard but the above it our experience and I have no guilt about putting it down and saying so far we are fine. I am not further on with some things in my life that I thought I might have been by the end of 2020 but I am ok and grateful. 2021 will arrive and no doubt throw up some new challenges and of course there will be the ongoing challenge of reaching debt freedom.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback