Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 January 2017 at 6:35PM
    Options
    So now having got all work related stuff a little more under control, its time to focus on the debt busting.............

In truth I have just totted up things and its all as daunting as ever. Just completed a final BT so things should be 0% for a bit longer...........but it doesnt get any smaller. I did transfer a couple debts a few months ago that had increased by 'stealth'. Oh who am I kidding??! They increased because I over spent, took my eye off the ball, forgot to overpay/pay in full,used money allocated for debt to spend elsewhere etc etc, You would think I would have learnt by now!!!! :mad:
    Its all a bit of a rollercoaster - and I hate those things - so I am at the bottom,stopped the free fall feeling and creeping slowly back up :D what I am really looking forward to the the straightening out bit when it all slows down and comes to a stop.......will definitely be smiling for the camera then but wont be buying as its a waste of money ;)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Yesterday I booked an appointment at hairdressers - long overdue. 2 weeks away but I can only fit in during school hols at moment. Last night I couldnt sleep because I was fretting about it..............why?

Well I am not a person who lavishes money on my looks and appearance - not a follower of fashion, although I like good clothes and shoes that last. Have NEVER owned a stick/tube of makeup, just use a good basic moisturiser that doesnt promise miracles and is not made from 'donkey bolloxs' ( my favourite quote from the film Mama Mia ;) )

When it comes to my hair I like a good cut with an easy style that I can manage in between trips to hairdressers and I have always been prepared to pay for the best I can get/like. My hair, lots of it, grows very quickly, and I am sure over the years hairdressers have rubbed their hands with glee! Actually, come to think of it, in 30 years only 2 people have cut my hair - that is how picky I am!

Anyway last couple of years hairdresser has persuaded me to have . shall we say, more than a cut. I have enjoyed the effect - not a change of colour as I said I wanted to grow old gracefully so experience and wisdom is till evident ;) but something quite subtle that most people havent noticed. Which is exactly what I wanted. HOWEVER it means far more frequent trips to hairdressers and the cost is eye watering - over £1000 a year I have calculated :eek: :eek: :eek: So..........that is why I was lying awake last night - cant justify it really. What I really want is just the good cut and easy style, not the gubbins and extras. I think I was 'sold' the idea and yes probably duped because when I had the discussion with the hairdresser I distinctly said I did not want anything that was 'permanent' and needed frequent 'maintenance'. Weird cos I usually err on the side of caution with most things. Going to amend my appointment tomorrow.

Hmmmm caught me at a low moment maybe? Two years ago I was battling a newly diagnosed autoimmune problem and things looked bleak. Certainly things where either in slow motion or at break neck speed and judgement was definitely impaired. On top of it now, no thanks to the NHS :mad: and maybe this is a turning point with the condition, a mini LBM if nothing else. Who knows? Or is it that Spring is around the corner and with it the long anticipated resurgence,freshness, new growth and I have my "inspiration" music on Spot!fy playing very loud - good job we live in the sticks;)

Bit of a ramble but its how I suddenly woke up to saving £1000/yr and I had to get it down.
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    Love it! I've just worked out that I can have a haircut every 3 months instead of 2 and reap the benefits. Can't believe it has taken me 32 years to figure that one of, especially as I often come out thinking ' it's a bit shorter than I wanted'...
    You sound like my twin sis - she doesn't own a stick of make-up and has beautiful clear skin :)
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you're talking about getting your hair dyed then yes, I agree, the cost at a hairdresser's is ludicrous and so not worth it.

Go to superdrug. They do own brand hair dyes for £5.99 and they work a treat. It's a small hassle to apply, but you'll get the hang of it.

:D
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    If you're talking about getting your hair dyed then yes, I agree, the cost at a hairdresser's is ludicrous and so not worth it.

Go to superdrug. They do own brand hair dyes for £5.99 and they work a treat. It's a small hassle to apply, but you'll get the hang of it.

:D

No intention of dying hair!Really can't be bothered . Wouldn't waste the money or my time Like I said I am happy to grow old gracefully. :D
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Morning Igamogam :)
    Old car problems are a pain - I'm there at the moment - can't afford another but high maintenance cost each year:eek:
    Smilng assassins are the worst sort of colleague - gald it's simmered down for the time being at least.

£1000 saving :T
    I would love to go get hair done more often but limit it to 1-2 a year @ £40 each. Last time was last April and have booked for Saturday - my hair grows very tick and fast too - very Cousin It-ish :D:D

My mum has never worn much make up , cold water and p*onds cold creams and at 74 has great skin - people often think we are sisters :rotfl: so £££££ does not equal youth :rotfl: and she has less grey than me:eek: so I do cheat :o otherwise people might think I was her mother :D:rotfl:

:beer: Here's to Turning points and Spring being just round the corner:beer:

Have a great weekend
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    No intention of dying hair!Really can't be bothered . Wouldn't waste the money or my time Like I said I am happy to grow old gracefully. :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Lol! I'm happy to be disgraceful...:D
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds like the right thing to do..

:)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Igamogam
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Lol! I'm happy to be disgraceful...:D

Oh I intend to have disgraceful habits Ani ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Tough old week in work - biting/kicking/pinching/spitting frogs - the worse kind! Think we are all tired. Not helped with the fact I am doing 2 jobs - mine and the Idiot in Charge's :mad: who 'just called by' on Friday to 'touch base'I know they have been through a crisis, but I and my colleagues were not in the mood!! Phew glad the week is over....... but a !!!!!! load of paperwork to do over weekend which I am putting off so far.

Weekly shop is coming well under £70 :). Change pots are filling up - £35 bagged and ready to go in 5ps to pay towards a CC. Will choose a bank where they hate dealing with cash :D £2 pot is almost full too. Another couple of weeks I reckon for that one will be ready for counting. Small item sold on Eb*y and a pay out due from TCB and the only 2 survey sites I do, are close too. Flipin cold here with driving icy rain but feeling optimistic :) Fingers crossed it will snow overnight - caught a glimpse of the mountains this morning in a brief break in the clouds and they look stunning. Cloud base back just above chimney pot level now :(.

Right need to do something rather than procrastinate!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback