Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And today I took on the Home Office...........long story and not for here:eek: But I am determined to get some money back from them :mad:

On the plus side sold another item on Eb*Y :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Options
    A home day............. why have a I kept so many plastic storage boxes? Now sorted into - broken ( take to recycle center) and still useful ( list on fr**cycle). Whilst watching Olympics this evening and sorting out some paperwork I found a tenner :D
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Spent 'found' tenner on a breakfast meet up with best buddie in our favourite tucked away cafe - lost 2 hours there putting the world to rights :D

Making use of some much needed returned energy ( managing my own meds regarding autoimmune disorder - GP insists on treating the numbers and not the symptoms GRRR!) So whizzing around the house sorting clearing tidying cleaning - whirling dervish is back, or well on its way......its been too long :D head feels a lot clearer than it has in , well, years maybe :eek: Oh and I am watching the Olympics as I go along!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds a jolly good use of funds :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yep, it does and well done on all the walking.

Had a glorious few days in Cardiff and West Pembrokeshire a couple of weeks ago. Divine. Will be going back to Pembrokeshire.

Hope results go ok.
    Fingers crossed
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Igamogam
    Options
    I have somehow lost a week through a migraine haze.........havent has one this bad for a long time which is good although bad IYKWIM ;( Yesterday was exam results day...........she didnt get the grades she needed for university and course of choice, however did receive 5 offers from other universities calling her up with a place........she has turned them all down in favour of re-doing the year.....her choice. This morning though she announces that she doenst really want to do one of the subjects again as to improve the grade will mean getting A's in all the papers which will give her an overall B - in my A level days it was soooooooooo much easier - you took exams at the end of the 2 years and you got a grade. If it was not what you needed then, well, you took it again or accepted an alternative. So still not sorted:(

Have a family weekend organised. DD1 home for birthday celebrations - meal out Saturday and a family activity organised for Sunday which my nearest and dearest say I am not up to...............so that's the gauntlet thrown........I love a challenge:rotfl: Unknown to them we are ALL doing said activity and I am not letting on until the last minute ;) It involves heights.............and I lost my confidence with heights after I had children and its never come back:( The rest of the family are extreme sport enthusiasts......... Going to be fun!! No planes and bungees involved BTW :)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry your daughter didnt get her preferred place. Hope she figures out what she does want to do. Have a nice weekend.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry your DD didn't get the place she wanted. At least she's thinking about what she really wants rather than grabbing next best offer.
    Enjoy the birthday celebrations and fun challenges :)
    NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    What do you usually do for your migraines?
    How frequent do you have them?

Sorry to hear your daughter did not get the grades she needs - it is so hard as parents not to try and sort everything out for them.

I am a control freak and for the last few years I have been learning how to not be as controlling and to let my son get on with things even if I don't think it is right.

My DS failed his first year of A-levels and the college he went to would not allow retakes due to being oversubscribed. I thought he should go elsewhere and try again (he sailed his GCSE's and thought A-levels would be the same) but he decided he should take a B-tec (so an extra year at college).

I wasn't very happy but he has come out with D*D*D* - he is going to Uni next month and will study Physics but has to do a foundation year first so 4 years of Uni.

I am pleased he has got in but can't help thinking 'What If?' - I try not to dwell on it and should be pleased that he is very independent and know his own mind (a bit like his mother !!)

Hope DD manages to get the grades she needs.
  • Igamogam
    Options
    DD2 knows her own mind............she wants particular university and particular course.......and that is what she is trying again and had turned down all the other offers:o She has said if in 12 months time she is still in same position then she will look at other options. For now she is lining up the ducks again, determined that none will get away again! She is quite chilled........but I wonder if its in a bit of a swan like way IYKWIM! Whats frustrating she didnt fail anything, near misses for the required grades :mad: Anyway onwards and upwards........

Talking of upwards..........I did the 'challenge' much to everybody's amazement. Only one wobble but got over it:D Pleased with myself at 1) shutting up the doubters and 2) defying gravity:D A few bumps but I wasnt the only one;) Weekend of birthday celebrations now over. All good. Eaten too much :eek: DD1 gone back To The South:(

Tomorrows challenge is The Green Shed of Doom:rotfl:feeling energised so I hope it will last.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback