Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Great to 'see' you relaxing..well done Ig

Yeah so relaxed I am almost horizontal....week gone by and nothing achieved so far..cant keep awake some days - autoimmune prob kicking in I think:mad: I have completed a section of a long coastal path that me and a buddy have challenged ourselves to do , so that is good - she wanted to do a second bit today but I am off on a day trip 'across the sea' with another buddy tomorrow and felt the house/needed attention..........all I have managed is to do a bit of shopping, read a paper ( very rare activity!) put a line of washing out and make a yummy celery and Stilton soup from some flabby celery sticks and some way-past-it cheese:money: - the result of the first 2 things I took out of the fridge in my effort to clean it......still needs doing :D

Early rise tomorrow so early bed tonight:)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Its not the south west coastal path is it? I really want to do that one.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Igamogam, You probably needed the week to recover from the manic end of term. Love the plan for many long beach walks through the summer. Sounds idyllic. Hope you are having a fantastic day trip "across the sea":)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Its not the south west coastal path is it? I really want to do that one.

Nope:rotfl:

Have done a quite a few bits of that one over the years:D
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Day trip was good but exhausting........although I feel than I thought I would. Ihave had the first of 2 pay cuts I have been expecting - down about £100/mnth from now n and another on the way.........local authority cut backs :mad:

I had 'words' with OH today.....so we have been circling each other all day :o all over stuff that's in the freezer and some yet to be dealt with clutter - mostly his as it turns out! So I spat my dummy out and have rearranged freezers and did not go shopping today.........weird combos of food for the next week or so and if he wants anything else he can shop himself, oh and pay for it. First world problems eh? We should be ashamed.........it will be fine tomorrow........but I am determined to eat from the freezer until one of us cracks ;) it will be a cheap week!
  • Igamogam
    Options
    AAARGH ! Student Finance :mad: ars8s and elbows spring to mind. Doesnt help that call center is staffed by well meaning '6th formers' who have very amusing, made up IMO, names and very little life experience - trying to explain tax, pensions, taxable employee benefits etc etc is like pulling teeth. Already wound up before you get to speak to a human as there is a very condescending recorded female voice message asking for various passwords, reference numbers, your mother's hairdresser's dog walker's name ( actually only digit 3,6 and 8 of said name) and who is hard of hearing :mad: :mad: Actually she is not as annoying as the sing-songy patronising one that HMRC use :rotfl: If you get past her, because you want to speak to a human, then you get Miss Whiplash - certainly wouldn't get your password wrong then :eek:

Anyway.......suffice to say I have lost an entire morning trying to sort out DD2 student finance - its not very hard because she aint going to get much but I am determined she will get every penny entitled to and they are not making it easy:cool: Not helping is that she is out of the country ATM and she was supposed to have set up her account 'consent to share' with the people who are paying for most of it!!

Nothing for it.............garden here I come!
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    AAARGH ! Student Finance :mad:

Nothing for it.............garden here I come!

Totally agree with your sentiments about student Finance and the garden :)
    So many hoops to jump through - we are doing the same - supporting her applications but DD only ever gets the minimum.
    X
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Off for a bit more of coastal path today - very windy:eek: Taking in a couple of beaches though so a bit of beach combing on the way I think :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Student loans company dont sound like they've improved much in the 16 years since I graduated. Enjoy the coastal path :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Igamogam
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Student loans company dont sound like they've improved much in the 16 years since I graduated. Enjoy the coastal path :)

Cant do much until she returns from her climbing trip. Managed about 4 miles yesterday but I was on my own so no Buddy motivation and as it was very windy clifftop walking I bottled out of scrambling down to a beach.........and the embarrassment of being rescued by someone you might know:eek::D

House day today......its been neglected:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback