PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th August 2011

Options

Comments

• Mrs_B
    Mrs_B Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »

Her Doctor may think she's of sound mind, but to my non-medical way of thinking, she just can't be.

Happy Birthday Lil_Me :beer:
    Hi there Clarabow - hope you enjoy yourself here - I'm sure you're pick up some support and useful tips along the way.

Many healing thoughts for Lady Liberty.

I have just tidied round upstairs and changed the bed, and am going to have a rest now and tackle some admin - but may lurk around some of my Forums too. :rotfl:

How do you Flyladies manage to keep up and comment on what everyone is doing? I read two posts and forget, and then rudely just mutter on about what I'm doing 'cause I daren't comment on anyone else for fear of forgetting what someone else is doing. :embarasse

I'm sure it's been on here before, but what's the best way of removing mould patches from tiling grout? I have three old toothbrushes if that helps.
    Work is not my Hobby
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mould removal Mrs B - bleach on a toothbrush...

Have fun :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2011 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Hi Mrs B. The best way i have found to remove mould from the tiles is with bleach and yes a toothbrush. Can I join in with posting my list of to do. I am a real muddle brain and get in more of a muddle decluttering. Here is my to do today

[STRIKE]Change and Wash Bedding[/STRIKE]
    Sort Papers (really becoming a psychological battle)
    Finish Sorting Books
    Finish Clearing Sitting Room Cupboard
    Put Stuff on Freecycle
    [STRIKE]Clean Mould off double glazed window surrounds[/STRIKE] in LR. Tried many times before, without success, but just found out it can be scraped off with a wallpaper scraper, so will try later if i get the time.
    DD to wash LR blinds.
  • shellysue
    shellysue Posts: 359 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2011 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Mrs_B wrote: »
    Her Doctor may think she's of sound mind, but to my non-medical way of thinking, she just can't be.

may lurk around some of my Forums too. :rotfl:

How do you Flyladies manage to keep up and comment on what everyone is doing? I read two posts and forget, and then rudely just mutter on about what I'm doing 'cause I daren't comment on anyone else for fear of forgetting what someone else is doing. :embarasse

Mrs B you and me both :beer: except I usually manage to remember that last one I read and comment on that forgetting all the others:rotfl:

eta
    sorry forgot what I came for :rotfl:

just cut up 3 Kilos of plums ready for the oven, now having a rest
    Sue
    Do I need to eat it :o
    Can I afford the calories:eek:
    have I checked for a lower calorie version:T
  • vanilla
    vanilla Posts: 3,277 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, hope everyone is well as i haven't had a chance to catch up with the thread. :o

We've had a few days up at the beech house, Me and OH spent alot of the time talking things through. We've decided that we should work on things but i've made it very clear to him that i'm no walk over and i can manage very well on my own. I need to do whats best for me and the kids. :D He's been told the only money he'll have a week is £20 (thats for BB shoots and football) the rest is going to me as he owes me from different times and i want it paid back. Plus i used to give him money a week which has now stopped and won't be started again. I'm feeling good at the minute and i know if he leaves i'll be ok. :D

So my plans this week is to get the bedroom done. I've decided i'll get someone in to do the decor for me. I just don't have the energy and i want to spend loads of time with the kids before they go back to school. Mind you i still need to put a couple of white coats on. I'm hoping that by the time the kids go back to school the bedroom will be finished so that's a week and a half left. :eek:

Right time for a cuppa and i'll go load the dw. Then i'll get the unpacking done while the kids are away for a walk with PIL.
    Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough.
    And things go wrong no matter what I do.
    Now and then it seems that life is just too much.
    But you've got the love I need to see me through.
    :j :j
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vanilla, everything crossed for you all that you can work it out as you want to. In all the time you have been posting your unfailing love and support for your OH and family has always come across.

Not a huge amount done here, we went for yet another long walk locally and found some lovely new places, including lots of nearly ripe cobnuts :)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • gratefulforhelp_2
    Options
    Popping in to say cleaned almost whole house this weekend since builders covered it in an inch of dust...but we will have a shower room soon.

Hugs, spoons and sticks. x
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lil_me happy birthday

Lady Liberty oodles of love and strength

Carboot went very well just need to get all that is left out of the car sorted and store/passed on.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • seafarers_wife
    Options
    ive managed to declutter another snooze this afternoon :mad: im annoyed as i really wanted to get things organised but instead ive slept the day away in chunks.

ok off to put my jewlery away in a storage box, rather than just having it chucked in an ikea blue bag. Then im going to sort out the socks and bin the yucky ones.
  • vanilla
    vanilla Posts: 3,277 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Hex, think i'll just take it one day at a time.:D

seafarers_wife don't be cross that you had a kip, 1) it's sunday and 2) your body must need it. Take all the sleep now before little one arrives. ;)

Dw and wm both on, rhys snoozing. I still have the suitcase to unpack but it can do till later.
    Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough.
    And things go wrong no matter what I do.
    Now and then it seems that life is just too much.
    But you've got the love I need to see me through.
    :j :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport