children, cross-stitch and chocolate. Chickywiggles debt-free diary

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    don't be fooled by the MSE energy clubs "cheap tarrifs" .... I switched to an alternative with the provider they selected cheaper directly!
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Perhaps you could help me with a query - I'm planning my next couple of competitions and would love to source opinions......

The last comp I ran didn't have as many entries but did require a couple of mandatory options so I was trying something new this time by making everything optional.

Unfortunately a few people either 'cheated' (said they did something and didn't) or only did the RT option. Which is a little sad :( Many didn't even follow the company giving away the prize which seems very selfish and could well mean they don't bother giving things away in future.

Do you just like an easy life and not really care about the person who has worked hard to get you the competition or the company offering a prize?

I'm planning on making follow me, follow brand and a RT compulsory for the next one (yes I am aware you could unfollow as soon as the comp ended or mute us) but on the other hand would it mean more serious entries and less "oh it's a freebie" ones?

On the plus side thank you to those who did take the time to make thoughtful entries and leave comments, I enjoyed reading them and did make me feel you were interested (just a shame it wasn't one of you who won)

Would you still have entered if you had to do these options?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    eeekk - I'm off to the ideal home show in Manchester for the first time ever :) There's more info on my blog if you're interested (and maybe a competition)
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Sun Perks
    Don't really want to start it's own post but thought I'd give you a cancellation 'head up'. **Note: this works with Paypal, unsure how to do if you have used a credit/ debit card**

When you sign up all you get told is "cancellation is by the option in 'my account'" - no where does it state what this is until you have signed up and can get into the 'my account' section.

Anyway - when you go to cancel you are told this is in 1 way only .... by phone. Now I don't know about you but if I can sign up to something online I want to be able to cancel ONLINE. I don't have time for phone calls and make as few as possible.

So I took to their Online Chat which specified they could not cancel membership ...... so I wasted their time a little instead. Eventually asking them to put a note on my records saying I was cancelling my membership from the end of the current payment period and any monies taken out of my account after this date would be a fraudulant transaction". I also advised I would follow this up with a letter.

Then I thought about Paypal.....
    I was able to find the initial transaction and by going into details there is a link next to the word 'active' that says "cancel".

You get confirmation from paypal email to you to say the recurring transaction has been cancelled and no further money will go out to them.
    THEN.....
    You get confirmation email from Sun Perks of the cancellation and the date your subscription will end.

Hope this helps someone else - tho obviously you will know to go straight to paypal and not bother with the useless live chat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure