children, cross-stitch and chocolate. Chickywiggles debt-free diary

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ursula Michael's -"Let's Go To Grandmas" Cross stitch

114letgm.jpg

As you will know I am normally a huge Ursula Michael fan so was soo pleased to find this one. Sadly I am disappointed. I hate the mix of upper and lower case in words - all upper or all lower, or capitalise the first letter by all means but "gRandkids", "gaRDEN" and "Another WORD for Love" is just not acceptable. I have had to alter it as i go along which has knocked my count out and meant a lot of other alterations had to be made. This is one stitch I will be happy to finish.

I am also trying to use up colours I have rather than buying any at the moment so am using an assortment of purples and rainbow variegated threads.

Progress Update 1.3.14

5498a3da1f2855a981d47b7e817bfb23.jpg
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    and I finished my grandma stitch.

e803ff41f182f300288c4ce619957e06.jpg
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Congratulations to us........
    ....a new baby ........ and we didn't even know it.

359_41760484578_5739_n.jpg

ok not quite..... no, this isn't going to be one of those "I gave birth in a toilet without knowing I was pregnant" stories that fill the papers. This is the story of how the NHS need to check their facts a little more carefully.

When I was at work on Thursday I got a phone call, I couldn't answer it so it went to voicemail. It was a message from the local health visiting team about my visit, "tomorrow at 2.30". REALLY, nice to have some notice. We assumed it would be to carry out Noah's 3-year checks (eek my baby is 3 next month!) so I asked hubby (who was at home) to give them a call and re-arrange as that clashes with school run. He rang and left a message giving them his number to call back.

want to know more..... check out my blog update.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Wow....just a pity you never scored that maternity leave :-D
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    eeek was March really the last time I popped in??

My money saving is doing reallly badly but I am determined to get back on course.

My blog focussed a lot on books this month to tie in with the #bookaday challenge - would love you to share your favourites with me.

There's also a competition to win a copy of ShoutyKid perfect for 9+ (however Ben .... who is now 5 (eeek) loves it.

Please pop over and say hi.

header%2Bjune.jpg
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    I've a very mse post up this week - it's all about meal planning.

Wanting a frugal treat? why not make some jammy flapjacks?

a day out? White Post Farm is fantastic.

Ohhh and did I tell you I've a new job???
  • chickywiggle
    Options
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Have you seen Picstick? You can create your very own photo magnets - 9 for £9.50 delivered. BUT you can get 25% off with the code WIGGLE25.

Please share anywhere and everywhere (if my code is the most used in the next month I could win £100 of goodies) .

They look fab too (great for christmas pressies for hard to buy grandparents! A blog and review are scheduled to let you know more.

https://www.picstick.com/
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Dear Jealous Trolls,

I no longer feel MSE is the community it was 2 years ago which is why I started my blog - a place where I can be myself without fear or selfish people with no life reporting me for promoting my own blog. A place where I make no money and simply like to promote things others may like.

Quite why you feel the need to tattle tale on me like school children is beyond a joke.

I'm now handing in my MSE hat and packing my bags. 6 years and 5, 180 posts later as clearly I am not welcome in this now unfriendly community.

You know where to find me if you actually care about how I'm getting on.

chickywiggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure