PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    You got there first!:rotfl:

However, if they were really random or had a particular relationship with the owner, it might be more fun.

For example, in her gaff, Pippa Middleton (Matthews) could have callipygous ;)

That's woken my brain up for the day already - and I've not had my first cup of coffee yet. Learnt a new word and thought "Hang on a minute - do we know she's taken his surname? She could have kept her own or they've double-barrelled with both".
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I'm there now: Our old Sony 14" from the 1980s is used as a monitor :

Still got the ZX Spectrum then Dave?
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Still got the ZX Spectrum then Dave?
    Got it?

No, I'm on it! :cool:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Mardle wrote: »

The video tour is just a PowerPoint presentation of the pictures.

Would have liked to seen a floor layout
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I love ball pits!

If I won the lottery, with buying a mansion - one of the rooms will be transformed into one.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bouicca21 wrote: »
    Money, as so often I will disagree - random words on walls were never ok.

Definitely agree re: random words/nasty stickers.....the work of the devil, imho!

Meaningful Latin inscriptions are a different kettle of fish.......(spoken as someone who painted free-hand such an inscription in a previous house - in 1999, so predating the current fad - inspired by similar inscriptions on the Arts and Crafts furniture I love ;):D)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Ooh, I'd love one of those!

Looks a really characterful house externally, but imho is extremely disappointing/unsympathetically done internally. Cheap though ;)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh, I'd love one of those!

Looks a really characterful house externally, but imho is extremely disappointing/unsympathetically done internally. Cheap though ;)

Yes, that's incredibly cheap. You could get a small 2 bed or flat in a bad part of town where I live for that price.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Admirable, but he's going to regret using particle board in a structure that flexes slightly as it moves.

(Hands up all the folk with squeaky chipboard floors!)
    That's one of the problem of treating building as a pastime for well-meaning amateurs. We pay for the lack of experience by re-enacting everybody else's mistakes a la Groundhog Day. :(
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure